Hey guys. Looking for some beginner level songs to learn. I've been teaching myself for about a month and a half. I've recently been doing Dust in the Wind. I've gotten the intro and main section down pretty well, with a pause every once in a while.

So, I'm looking for similar tunes that I can spend some time learning. Folk tune, something to sing with, something with a few chord variations here and there (to keep it interesting).

Thanks.....
umm not sure if this would be any good for you, but it's one of the first acoustic songs i taught myself...
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
good luck
Gear!
Guitars:
Epiphone Dot VS
Ovation Celebrity CC024
Jackson JS30DK
Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
Pedals:
Vox OTT Boost
Amps:
Laney LV300
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Greenday?
Creedance Clearwater songs are easy for beginners..

Just take it easy and go at a pace you feel comfortable playing at, and soon you'll be playing crazy lead riffs...Good luck
Where can you find music/tabs for songs that involve more than strumming chords? I got Dust in the Wind with an acoustic book that I bought. I really like having the music/chord name/tab all together. Since I read music, but am so-so with tabs it makes for a nice blend.

Am I stuck with purchasing books...in order to have the music along with it?
Quote by acritzer
Where can you find music/tabs for songs that involve more than strumming chords? I got Dust in the Wind with an acoustic book that I bought. I really like having the music/chord name/tab all together. Since I read music, but am so-so with tabs it makes for a nice blend.

Am I stuck with purchasing books...in order to have the music along with it?

This site provides some guitar pro and powertab files which show tab and sheet music. To view these you need the program which views it. Powertab is free but Guitar Pro costs money (unless you know what you're doing ) Best bet is to go for those.

Powertab link.

Also, 'Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?' would be a good one to learn.
Quote by 595escape!
umm not sure if this would be any good for you, but it's one of the first acoustic songs i taught myself...
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
good luck

Ooooh, that looks pretty tough for me. Nice sound though. Reading the music, does that just translate into straight 16ths? I can't figure out why it's notated the way it is? Maybe I'll see what I can do with it, it's only been 2 months after all.
check out this UG site. It's called Beginner Songs - Version 3

Lot's of easy beginner songs to choose from.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site