Hey peeps, just wondering if i should get this particular guitar.
Its a gibson firebird V in classic white, priced at 1480usd.
Condition of the guitar is MINT with a slight paint chip near the pickup as the only fault i could find.

It has the following upgrades which i'm wary about, otherwise it has always been my dream guitar.

Upgrades:
- Rerouted Lollar P90 in the neck position
- Lollar equivalent mini humbucker in the bridge
- upgraded to RS Kit electronics
- upgraded Graphite Nut (the stock one didnt sound nothing like it now)

Sellers says that rs kit electronics are far better than the stock circuitry and that the graphite nut adds to the firebirds resonance.

Hence i need some opinions and expert advice!
Thanks, this is in aid of getting my dream guitar!

Bob
sounds like you have everything planned out fine, why do you need us?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
im wondering what the upgrades are for, and to certify if what he says its true? Cos i havent played an original stock firebird v before. Its not sold here in my place.. Hence i need the advice..

Thanks
Quote by Bobsterrr
im wondering what the upgrades are for, and to certify if what he says its true? Cos i havent played an original stock firebird v before. Its not sold here in my place.. Hence i need the advice..

Thanks

He probably just wanted to get the pickups changed like alot of people do but he has put new electrics in probably because there was a fault.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Alright, so is the electronics now better than the stock gibson electronics? how bout the graphite nut? does it really improve resonance?

Thanks..

he says the upgrades were worth 550usd..
just asking, are you from singapore?

cause i saw the ad for that guitar as well.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Yeah man, just wanting to check out the guitar which im really gasing for..

Just doing some last minute considerations..

Haha everyone wants their dream guitar to work out just fine
when selling a guitar. the value is higher if it has all the original parts. and in this case. it doesn't. ask him if he can sell it with all the original parts if not then try bump down the price from there.
he says he cant get it for me, and that his best price is still 1480 usd..
So is it still a good buy?
Quote by kckyle
when selling a guitar. the value is higher if it has all the original parts. and in this case. it doesn't. ask him if he can sell it with all the original parts if not then try bump down the price from there.

This only applies to vintage material; if the parts he's replaced them with are more valuable than the original parts then the guitar gets more valuable, not less.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
This only applies to vintage material; if the parts he's replaced them with are more valuable than the original parts then the guitar gets more valuable, not less.

So in this case, is the guitar more valuable?
Quote by Bobsterrr
So in this case, is the guitar more valuable?

most probably yes
also the graphite nut is supposed to be "better" than regular nuts, besides if reall, but really want the old bone nut you can buy a new one for 10$
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Pics? (Just curious to see the white Firebird, w/ the new stuff)
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs