Yeah so i know this is a totally n00b question, but I have a couple regarding cleaning my Strat (maple neck, if that matters).

a) What should i use to clean the body? Like a glass cleaner (ie windex) or wood cleaner(ie pledge)?

b1) When I change the strings, can i take them all off at once, because I heard you should change them one at a time?
b2) If i do take them all off, can i use something like pledge to clean the neck.

Much appreciated guys!
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
to clean my neck, i use .0000 steel wool; it's the finest one.
to clean the fretboard, i go with the grain,
and to clean the actual frets, i get a little steel wool under my fingernail, and rub off all the junk that's on it.
Quote by entity0009
I once death-metal growled at my mother. Her response was

GENERAL of the ESP Army! I want YOU to Join NOW!
Im not to sure if i would use pledge on my guitar i usually just get a dust rag and rub that bitch down. There is probably some kind of special cleaner you can get at your local music store if you really want.

As for the strings you kinda have to judge those on yourself. It depends on how much you play. Usually you can look at them and see if there a little worn down, and yes you can take them all off at once.
a)Ive got a Strat maple neck aswell and i just use a damp cloth to clean the body :P lol i dont really see any need to use a specialized cleaner tbh but if u wanna im guessing pledge could get the job done.

b1) different ppl say different things in reguards to changing strings. i personally just take them all off and replace them as opposed to doing it one at a time. its never done me any harm!

b2) when i take mine all off i just use a cloth again with nothing in particular on it. but yeah i think that pledge could work
what about the body? What do you guys use thatdoesnt harm the finish?
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
i would leave the low e string on atleast and take the rest off replace them and then replace the low e
Quote by Stolen Identity
what about the body? What do you guys use thatdoesnt harm the finish?

Pickup some "Guitar" polish and not wood or glass polish
I found this on the Fender website community
What ever you do don't use pledge!

Any reasons why? Wouldn't it be ok if i used pledge for the neck? After all, the neck IS wood.

EDIT: I would rather not pickup something just for my guitar, but if i have to i will, but there must be some normal household cleaning something or other that works, yeah? or no...
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Won't using pledge contaminate the finish with silicone?
Last edited by G-man05 at Jul 19, 2008,
oh really....well don't i feel like a grinch now lol. Well, ok maybe I'll give her a treat and buy some guitar polish. Any reccomendations then?
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
I've heard Dunlop 65(or something like that) works well...anybody else use that?
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
ive got some of the formula 65 polish/cleaner stuff, its pretty good,
the formula 65 carnuba wax is nice too
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene