im definitely going to need an attenuator when i get my new amp and ive heard that weber ones are cheap and efficient

my question is : the switches that say bypass tone stack and bypass (the one in the treble boost), if i bypass both of them is it just a straight attenuator with no additional eqiing? or does it bypass the entire attenuator so its just taking up space?

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass.htm

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

bujp

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

any ideas ug?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

im not looking for bedroom playing. im looking so i can crank my amp at band practice without blowing up my house lol

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
im not looking for bedroom playing. im looking so i can crank my amp at band practice without blowing up my house lol

With your HRD, it'll still be fine. You don't always need power tube distortion...
Plus, you'd be sacrificing your cleans, which are practically the only good thing about the HRD, IMO...
im fine with crankingmy hot rod now but im either picking up an orange rockerverb 100 or an old jcm 800 which i'l need an attenuator for

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Honestly, I would just downgrade the number of watts first. Unless you really need the headroom of a 100 watter THAT badly, which seeing that you're looking for an attenuator, is not the case. Why not go for a 50 watter? They are not noticably quieter than their 100 watt counterparts, but their power stage will saturate earlier, which is what you're looking for I assume?

I've tried the Weber attenuator, and like all other attenuators (outside the UA, which is a miracle in a box), under heavy attenuation, it will overcompress your tone and rob your sound of its dynamics. For band practice, playing an amp lower and turning up the preamp gain should suffice. If you're super picky about getting true powerstage overdrive, get a lower wattage amp and attenuate to -4 db rather than -12 or 16 db.
i was gonna get the 50 but i heard soundclips and i just like the 100 better, it wasnt a huge difference but it was enough to make me want the larger one

i was looking at the splawn quickrod and it has the honestly the most ideal settings ever

just one question how are the cleans on it?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

The cleans on the Quick Rod are pretty good. Not as good as your HRD, though. Different kind of cleans. They're like thicker Vox cleans with less high end.

BTW, a 50 watt amp isn't that different in volume from a 100W amp. They're both deafening. It's just gonna get louder on the dial faster, if that makes any sense. Example? My 40W Traynor keeps up with my co-guitarist's 100W Carvin V3.
You won't need an attenuator.
ya a 100 watt is only like 12% louder then a 50 watt or something

now that i put it in perspective to my 40 watt fender it prob wont be that much louder. anyway would i be able to get RHCP tones with the quickrod?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

well my plan is to push the amp enough so on the clean channel i'll have a nice crisp over drive (think can't stop at slane castle) and if i roll back the volume knob to 8 or 9 it'll be clean again. ive been doing that on my fender, but as we both know hot rod over drive blows, and its been working pretty well. i just want it to sound better lol

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

thanks you've been very helpful

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
ya a 100 watt is only like 12% louder then a 50 watt or something

now that i put it in perspective to my 40 watt fender it prob wont be that much louder. anyway would i be able to get RHCP tones with the quickrod?

Don't assume that.

A 100 watt amplifier is only 3 decibels louder than a 50 watt amplifier which is virtually unnoticeable, but you can certainly not expect a Fender with tons of headroom to a Marshall whose power stages overdrive fairly early in comparison. Remember that amplifiers are rated for clean wattage.