Hello, I am lookin' to buy a new guitar that has a Floyd rose on it. One thing that I was wondering is when a company such as schecter sells a guitar that has a licensed FR on it, is it that company that made it? If not how do I tell? And how do I tell the quality of this Floyd rose? The guitars I am lookin' at are from 3 to 500 and I might be willing to go up to 600.. And I have been looking at mostly Schecter and Ibanez. Or anything else that has stratocaster-like bodied guitars. (and I'm not looking for a fender strat with a FR)
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
check out ESP. you could probably find what you're looking for.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
The liscensed ones are by companies that borrowed the design, but obviously can't replicate the quality of an OFR. If it's OFR, it'll say Floyd Rose on it. The ESP ones say ESP on the bridge, for example. And Ibanez RGs use Edges, while the S series uses ZR trems (which completely destroy most of the Edge series).
Quote by CaRveltiNbass
check out ESP. you could probably find what you're looking for.

What is ESP? (other then telepathy)
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
Quote by SG thrasher
It's a brand name, like Gibson or Fender. It stands for Electric Sound Products.

Brand name of guitars or FRs?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Quote by Van Halen Man
Brand name of guitars or FRs?

Guitars but you really should not go with a Ibanez in that range due to the fact they have the Edge III's in them like the Jackson floyds are really good quality compared to the Edge but the chrome Jackson floyd is absoulout ****.

But you should put the extra money so you can get a Schecter with a OFR but I hope you find the right guitar.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

There's a good chance that I am gonna be looking in the Schecter area. But I will check out this ESP also.
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin