Page 1 of 2
I don't know, I've never owned one, and I haven't played them enough to know yet.

Are Ibanez basses good? Some people really like them and some people really don't like them. I'm just curious
My friend's got one and... not so great.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by smb
No. All Ibanez basses are rubbish.

i hope to God you're not serious.

TS, try some out and see what you think. from what i've heard they use decent materials and have good quality control, depending, of course, on how much you're willing to spend, but i would think you could get a solid bass for not too much money.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
i played one and it was ****
it buzzed A LOT and kinda made farting noises and the intonation was horrible
it was like a cheap bass but still
it's like they tried to make the action really low but totally ignored all the other things that define a good guitar/bass

i hear fender is good
i dunno ive played different fender basses and they're not bad liek the ibanez and i played an old peavey and the action was very high
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
the ATKs are nice, other then them i wasnt overly impressed with them
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
i hope to God you're not serious.

TS, try some out and see what you think. from what i've heard they use decent materials and have good quality control, depending, of course, on how much you're willing to spend, but i would think you could get a solid bass for not too much money.

Of course he's not serious. If you check his profile he owns an Ibanez.

Ibanez get talked about tonnes on the forum. If you use the search bar you can find that they are generally well though of as great value for the money. Try them out at the local shop; they are not for everyone due to the thin fast necks. I love mine, but again, that's me.
Quote by anarkee
Of course he's not serious. If you check his profile he owns an Ibanez.
Two

I have an ATK400 and an AGB140 and I won't be giving them up when I'm dead. No-one makes better mid-range basses than Ibanez.
I have an Ibanez Soundgear and it plays very nice. I spent about 400$ for it though..
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
I've played the Iceman Extreme and the ATK 700
Both sounded fine, no fret buzz, no odd sounds. The action on the Iceman was a bit lower than I'm used but it wasn't a problem to play aside from being a bit neck heavy.
I suggest you try them out for yourself if you can, no bad can come from it...unless you break one and they make you buy it.
Quote by smb
Two

I have an ATK400 and an AGB140 and I won't be giving them up when I'm dead. No-one makes better mid-range basses than Ibanez.

So what's the plural of Ibanez, Ibanezes? lol.

My only complaint about mine is that I do have to do setups on it more so that my other two basses. But I love the 24 frets and I can get an amazing range of tonal qualities out of it that fit well for a range of styles. For the record, I own a SR800.
I don't know...I avoid that problem by saying "I have two Ibanez basses"

We should make this a "show your Ibanez" thread...

Last edited by smb at Jul 19, 2008,
ibanez are really solid basses, their low and mid range instruments are great deals for the price in terms of quality, but i will buy a squier over an ibanez(of the same price range) any day
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by smb

We should make this a "show your Ibanez" thread...

Here's mine.

Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
I have an sr500 and it kicks major ass. I love it. I love it so much I would marry it, but thats illegal in the U.S. , so Im f*cked.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by anarkee
So what's the plural of Ibanez, Ibanezes? lol.

Ibani.

I think.

Ibanez is a wonderful company. they make nice stuff for a decent price. they have some really nice limited editions. including the SR650 Poplar Burl, which I quest for constantly. I own an Ibanez and enjoy it very much.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have an SRX390.

As a step up from a BC Rich, it suits my needs pretty well.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Hmm whats with all the ibanez hate i've heard they've made some very good high end basses like the BTB series.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by smb
No. All Ibanez basses are rubbish.

lol

Ill have pic of my atk up once I figure out where the usb cord is.

Edit:

...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by AmpleSteak
Hmm whats with all the ibanez hate i've heard they've made some very good high end basses like the BTB series.

where is this hate? I feel a lot of love in this thread. now if we started talking about gibson there would be this hatred you speak of.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I bought an SRX 590 the other day. Its fantastic. Suits my needs brilliantly, and i play Jazz as well as thrash and hardcore.

Heres a couple of pics, excuse the mess in the background, it was a messy day when i took those.

Nice pics so far guys! I'll take a fresh photo of my ATK for this thread so I don't have to drag out that one with me as a pirate again.
Quote by higgins666
nice amp, i use one myself. mastodon yay
back on semi-topic. i think there might be a bit of hate because they arnt as good as fenders, musicmans (or would it be musicmen?) or rickenbackers

I think the hate stems from the fact that Ibanez are first and foremost a guitar company rather than a bass company, and that their basses aren't truely basses, just guitars with long necks.

I don't care, love mine.

and Mastodon! w00t!
I got no pics avaiable right now.

I really should get a camera...

eh. all you'd be missing is a happy face sticker and my ghetto strap locks.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I also love Mastodon...seen 'em three times.

When I joined UG there was no love for Ibanez in Bass. They are often seen as basses for guitarists.
I'm glad this thread came up, because I was planning on buying an Ibanez for my second bass
I got an SR506 today. Basically... I hate to say it... but I almost like it more than my Rick...

*hides*
Quote by ele1122
I got an SR506 today. Basically... I hate to say it... but I almost like it more than my Rick...

*hides*

*pulls out machete*

none of you shall touch him!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
*pulls out machete*

none of you shall touch him!

Yayayay! *hugs*
Wow, i really like smb's Ibanez, does the newer version, the AFB200 or AGB200 do the trick for a classic looking bass with great tone and sound? the humanity.. this question is in your direction
Quote by smb
c3powil that's just beautiful...I love my ATK but I'd like a black one too

Thanks, sorry about the shoddy pics.I was really wanting a sunburst, but all GC had was the special black on black which is pretty cool too.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
It looks good to me. They don't do 'em that colour over here as far as I know.

Here's a fresh pic of me with my ATK I just took

Page 1 of 2