So I am looking for a new amp FINALLY. Right now im stuck with a crappy marshal mg and looking for a tube amp.

I play a lot of different types of music so I am kind of looking for a versatile amp. I mainly play Red Hot Chili Peppers but I like to play other music that just catches my ears. Stuff like Led Zeppelin, John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N' Roses, Eric Clapton and sometimes some Metallica.

Right now I have a fender strat MIM. Not really planning to change my guitar anytime soon. I don't gig or anything just mainly play in my bedroom.

My price range is around $500 CAD. I want to see if I can get a good amp used if not then I guess I'll have to look for a new one. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
A lot of people will tell you to check out a Peavey Classic 30. Used, they go from like 300 to 500. I forget how much they cost used. You might want to look at the Peavey Delta Blues 115 and 2x12. Don't get a ValveKing.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I play the exact same stuff as you just add some Pink Floyd and SRV...

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/759164308.html I'l second the delta blues, $450 used - got mine for $350 so talk him down or
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/757367077.html That's pretty sweet too.
Also have a look at the Traynor YCV40 and 50. I believe you can get those at a fair price up north used. Good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I disagree with the delta blues cause its just a blues amp strictly, not enough gain to do some of the stuff you mentioned.
I say the C30 is the way to go, try to buy used and buy a couple other things second hand as well, two things im pretty sure youll want right of the bat would be an OD pedal tubescreamer maybe, and for sure a must will be a nice analog delay pedal like the MXR carbon delay.
I was looking at the classic 30. I think I'll look into that see what prices I can get. I also do play to get some pedals along with the amp. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Quote by steez03
I was looking at the classic 30. I think I'll look into that see what prices I can get. I also do play to get some pedals along with the amp. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

classic 30 plus tubescreamer plus wah would be perfection

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Yeah, scratch my Delta Blues suggestion. Not versatile enough.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
classic 30 with tubescreamer.
fender HRD with tubescreamer.
there are some traynors that would be great, but i dont know much about them. someone will though, im sure of it!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by TheKaiser77
I disagree with the delta blues cause its just a blues amp strictly, not enough gain to do some of the stuff you mentioned.
Then why are people saying "Tubecreamer and C30"?
The C30 "may" have slightly more gain on tap, neither is going to punch out Metallica on it's own, so a good OD is pretty much a given for that and has been recommended. But the Delta has larger speaker surfaces either 2x10 or 1x15 to move more air, and built in tremolo, which doesn't hurt for surf, classic rock, or blues. It it's certainly ballpark with the C30, it just has a smaller "Bandwagon".
Fender blues juniour, sex in an amplifier, amazing sounds and good looks.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2