ok guys im new to the guitar world. just got mine a few weeks ago.

it's an epiphone les paul special II. i use a marshall amp and the stock cable. i dont think those are the problem though.

so today i was playing my guitar, and i turned off the amp and unplugged it to bring it to my computer. when i was done, i brought it back to the amp, plugged it in, turned the amp on, and played. nothing. no amplification whatsover. i tried turning the amp on and off, plugging and unplugging the guitar from it, and when i did, i noticed that the amp worked when it was unplugged from the guitar. buzz came from it when i touched the cable.

so whats the problem? do i need new pickups? i have no idea what might have happened. all i know is that it seems to be the guitar. help??
is the volume on the guitar turned up?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
It doesn't sound like a pick up problem, but I may be wrong, check volume settings on guitar and amp, try the guitar with a diff lead or amp.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by JLT73
is the volume on the guitar turned up?

yes the knobs are all where they were when it was working, on the guitar and the amp.
well i feel like an idiot. i went and plugged it in to try your suggestions and it worked fine. thanks anyway guys!
if the volume knobs are all turned up and there is no sound it might be your output jack, I've heard that the solder joints on epiphones can be a problem. Take off the output jack and check the wiring, if thats not the issue that check the rest of the electronics. If there is a problem and you want to fix it yourself I would get one of those radio shack multi meters, and a soldering iron. Guitar repair is much easier than you may think, try it out! =)
good luck
rudeboy out!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
lol that has happened to me before so no worries man
happy playing
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R