I've been playing for almost 2 years now, and I seem to of hit a rut as it were, I do plan on getting a teacher at some point, but for the moment it isn't very practical. What kind of things can I do/play that will aid in my finger style technique?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I found that Shake a Tail Feather from the Blues Brothers really helped me improve my finger technique. It's lots of string crossing at a moderate speed and also it's good fun!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
play songs that are outside your "comfort zone", ie try different genres, jazz, blues, metal, whatever you dont have an opinion on yet.
switch it up if your in a rut man, different styles, diff techniques, magazines, videos theres no reason why you shouldnt be progressing my friend
Practise.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by watchingmefall
Learn the entire Colors cd by BTBAM

+1

Learn Fortress by Protest The Hero as well, they're both mad technical. Really good blend of skills required for them
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
Quote by Ouch_needles
+1

Learn Fortress by Protest The Hero as well, they're both mad technical. Really good blend of skills required for them

If you can manage to tap, Fortress is a lot easier
that case, do Fortress then Colors
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
If you can manage to tap, Fortress is a lot easier
that case, do Fortress then Colors

Yeah i mean atleast Arif writes actually possible bass lines that i can actaully learn off Fortress... Any time I look at a tab for something off of colours i usually have the urge to want to throw my bass out the window its so hard...
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by ginjaninja
play songs that are outside your "comfort zone", ie try different genres, jazz, blues, metal, whatever you dont have an opinion on yet.

This. If you listen to metal, play jazz, if you listen to funk and jazz, learn some prog.

Eventually you'll have everything covered.
Bit off topic, but can anyone recommend me some jazzy stuff to learn,as a genre Ive never lsitened to, but my aunt does, and some of the bassliens are mega groovy cool

any help would be awesome, like the TS,lookin to improve finger style and play another genre
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Learn some Cynic and Atheist. Atheist has some good material for practicing your technigue on, and so does Cynic. Try learning Unquestionable Presence by Atheist.
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Bit off topic, but can anyone recommend me some jazzy stuff to learn,as a genre Ive never lsitened to, but my aunt does, and some of the bassliens are mega groovy cool

any help would be awesome, like the TS,lookin to improve finger style and play another genre

I'm not sure if it's classified as jazz but "Sir Duke" by Stevie wonder has an incredible bass line. The horn solo really helps improve left and right hand dexterity.