hi im considering a new amp as i dont really like the one ive got. been looking around and have found a few (within my price range) that i think i would like. it would be great if i could have your opinions on the amps. btw i play blues, indie rock and use a fender tele or a les paul.

fender blues delux - £479
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-blues-deluxe/67799
fender hot rod delux - 469
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-hot-rod-deluxe/9794
fender hot rod deville 212 - £624
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-hot-rod-deville-212/343
i am god!
get a used twin, those are all baisicly the same amp with cosmetic changes and diffrent speaker configuration.
Used twin reverbs go for around the same as new hot rods or blues delux and there oh so worth it.
But yah thats ussually what i tell everybody go used if you can, youll save money and get a much much better deal.
Is it for gigging, practicing, band rehersal or what?
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
@TheKaiser77
Uhmm no? Why would he want a super clean amp when he plays blues and indie rock?
I r Pirate!
Quote by TheKaiser77
get a used twin, those are all baisicly the same amp with cosmetic changes and diffrent speaker configuration.
Used twin reverbs go for around the same as new hot rods or blues delux and there oh so worth it.
But yah thats ussually what i tell everybody go used if you can, youll save money and get a much much better deal.

i agree with everything except the spelling errors :P

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by duke_lion
@TheKaiser77
Uhmm no? Why would he want a super clean amp when he plays blues and indie rock?

since he picked out amps that have really ****ty OD i kinda assumed hed get fed up with it an buy a pedal, the twin is basically cutting out the middle man

ts, i would get a peavey classic 30

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

the only problem is that where im from its hard to get used amps that are in any kind of good condition! then again its hard to try out new amps as the city i live in only has one half desent guitar shop which wants everyone to buy a bloody line 6 amp!
i am god!
hm, I've heard that the blues deluxe breaks up nicely?
I r Pirate!
as i said my local guitar shop want everyone to have a line 6 amp wich aint for me! its gonna be used for gigging and that! i would mainly be using it for the clean but with abit ov overdrive when needed.
i am god!
I personally love the blues deluxe, it's bluesy tone with a bit of grit thrown in is pure orgasm, but I heard the hot rod deluxe on youtube and it sounded very nice.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
^ yah id go for a blues deluxe as well youll be getting much head room but it sounds ****ing bomb cranked just like this guy says.
To the original post any of those amps will do fine in my opinion they deliver the classic cleans but the OD channel sucks, and the reverb is pretty good to not as wow as on a higher end amp but still pretty damn good.
For sure your ganna want a OD pedal like a tubescreamer to make up for the ****ty overdrive try.
also look into peavey classic 30's i would have to say that they are superior amps in terms of flexibility and sound.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 19, 2008,
i have a boss me50 which comes with a tubescreamer setting, would that sound ok with the amp? how much (on average) would a peavey classic 30 cost? i am quite fond of the fender amp as i used to have an old twin from the 70s but blew up and have only just started to fix it (if i can at all, most of the curcuit board is pretty messed up! but at least im am a electronic repair technician, fingers crossed i can do my magic!)
i am god!