well i know this is stupid but are there some good emgs for hard/classic rock(acdc gunsandroses, blacksabbath, and all that) i just like the look of them so i wanna know if there are any that suits my style
get a new amp first
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by nithin74
well i know this is stupid but are there some good emgs for hard/classic rock(acdc gunsandroses, blacksabbath, and all that) i just like the look of them so i wanna know if there are any that suits my style

emgs for you=

and with your gear right now, pick ups would kinda be a waste
Quote by JLT73
get a new amp first

read my sig

yeah apart from that i mean cause maybe next year or hte other (its no time soon but im really excited lol) il probably get a custom shop guitar from an argentinian guitar maker theyre really good so i just wanna get an idea

EDIT:well its not an edit but i like how it sounds lol. well anyways if you wanna know the utiar compañys name is batan
and how can i put the covers on im really noob with pups. and any good ones for me?
Emgs are not the pickup for you. I'm pretty sure that none of those bands use emgs. I'd put my money on that. Alot of money. And I'd probably be happy when i cahsed in. I don't know anything about covers, but get them if you like the look. Keep in mind, though, that the sound is much more important than cosmetics. Looks are cool too, but prioritize. The dimarzio super distortion is a great classic rock/hard rock pickup, good for what you want. Don't expect the best of cleans with it, though. also, reccomendations are always nice, but make sure you don't pick a pickup based on them alone. Always make sure you listen to sound samples of pickup. Same for reviews and descriptions on the site. These are all great guidelines, but what matters most is you liking what you hear.

And most of all:
Get a new amp. You'll hear it again, and you've probably heard it before. Amps are the biggest part of your sound. It hurts, spending the money on something other than your guitar(I didn't name my amp. Guitars are more fun to have, change, etc... u get the idea) But once you get a new amp, you'll be glad you did. i can't stress how much amps can effect your sound. When i got my tube amp it sounded like a whole different instrument than my solid state. also, a better amp will allow pickups to shine through more. otherwise, they won't do much.
i commend you for choosing a valvetronix, they're much better than solid states, but you could do better. if you don't have any chance of having the money anytime soon though, and you have pickup money, go for it.

sorry for being a balbbermouth.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Last edited by Wanna l3 at Jul 19, 2008,
hey thanks for the recommendation yeah the amp really its not me getting th emoney cause im 13 but my dad will buy it. the only problem is that i havem to be good, do what they say and al that craps and theres the problem. my dad will buy me anything but i have to be good lol.and im not plannig on getting them yet i only want ot have a ibt of idea. well that for a bridge and something for neck?or viceversa
welll tbh mate
if you havnt got a decent enough guitar to handle EMG's id get one right away.
i wouldnt bother sticking them in your strat. take a look at ESP LTD guitars and Jackson guitars
they tend to come with EMG's already