hmmm well i was just wondering how to wire in some LEDs into my pickguard. can i just attach them to the wiring or would i need a battery?
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.
what kind of battery will last the longest with a few leds running on it and how long do you think that will be? oh and there isnt gonna be a way to turn this off is there?
Quote by Heartika
what kind of battery will last the longest with a few leds running on it and how long do you think that will be? oh and there isnt gonna be a way to turn this off is there?

LEDs dont use too much power... Plug a 9V battery in there, and a switch if you want to turn them off. Otherwise you'll need to unplug the battery every time.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
i already have a kill switch and it was quite the pain to install i dont wanna add another switch =]

oh and ummm what about resistors what will i need for a 9 volt?
if you have any friends or family with any kind of wiring experience have them help you. its not hard to put leds on your guitar, but you might have some problem figuring out the circuitry if you've never done it before.
Quote by Heartika
i already have a kill switch and it was quite the pain to install i dont wanna add another switch =]

oh and ummm what about resistors what will i need for a 9 volt?

You could just find a 9v LED, they do make them.
Quote by earthwormjim
You could just find a 9v LED, they do make them.

Or read up on electronics. 9v LEDs would most likely need a higher amperage, therefore using the battery like a bitch. this might help.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

In source voltage, 9

In diode forward v click the '?' and look up the colour

In diode forward c click the '?' and look up the colour again

In the next one.. it's pretty self explanatory.

Hope this helps dude.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Get a 9v battery as has been aforementioned and then, to avoid the need to use a battery, you could wire it so that they only came on when your jack was in - removing the need for a switch.

Wiring would go something like this....

9v battery -> resistor -> LED -> one side of jack -> other side of jack -> battery....