I really really need a better amp (currently Ibanez Toneblaster 25R). My budget is 300 euros. In my search I stumbled upon this amp

link

A similar amp has a great review (10/10) link

Are these amps totally different?
I mainly play metal and rock. I really adore a fuzzy sounds (smashing pumpkins) and really hate the sound of my currect distortion Fender Squier Strat (cheap) + Behringer UM100 --> cheap ibanez amp = sound that will make you puke.

What shall I get? I think that the guitar I have isn't the major issue in the sound problem
no, the G80RCD is potentially worse than your current amp, and it is in no way similar to the JCM800 except that it bears the marshall logo - remember: the logo is not what makes the amp sound good. The JCM800 is a decent amp though. If you can afford it, get it, but stay away from the G80RCD - its just the older version of the MG.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 19, 2008,
Can anybody recommend a good amp? Maybe some underground brands are really underrated
Why don't you go to your local store (if you have one), try some amps out, and tell us about what you experienced while playing the amps? That would help a lot