Any advise anyone? I've had writers block for the past month. I don't know if I'm just burnt out or what. I can't come up with anything that I think sounds good. Other people will be like that riff is great and I'm just kinda like ehhhh... When i'm listening to music I don't feel it as much as I used to either. I find myself not even listening to music because of that. I don't know if I'm just at work to much and tired from it, burnt out from stress or what the deal is. Anyway im sure you guys go through it. Anyone found anyways to get yourself back into music like when you were 15? I'm 22 now and its nothing like when i was younger.
Smoke some pot and listen to category you're trying to write . Or get together and jam with some people, you'll be amazed at the ideas and creativity you can take away from the experience.
yeah i go to band practice but we are playing the same old songs because i havent written anything new. I'm just not feeling it like I used to for some reason. I don't want to end up like some people who get older and just quit playing.
i play some of my favorite songs learn new bands and styles. Then just go with the flow, and all kinds of brilliant material will come out.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Quote by maggot2011
Smoke some pot and listen to category you're trying to write . Or get together and jam with some people, you'll be amazed at the ideas and creativity you can take away from the experience.

+100.
This man knows what hes talking about, smoke some pot shut up and write
Quote by TheKaiser77
+100.
This man knows what hes talking about, smoke some pot shut up and write

you dont need pot.
did hendrix need drugs to write well, what about the beatles? aersosmith? miles davis?

oh crap, nevermind, yeah get some pot dude!!!!!

(im kidding though, kinda)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
It happens to the best of us. Take some time and walk away. Listen to other genres that you really don't listen to for inspiration. Put down the guitar and take a break. Seriously give it some time, like a little vacation. When you come back, you'll be fully recharged.
Take a break from playing. Don't stress about it, and just relax. Go do something outside, drve around and listen to the radio, or just watch a movie or something. Don't worry about playing for a few days.

Then listen to all kinds of music. Hopefully, when you pick up the git again, you'll have some fresh ideas.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It