Or acoustic-electric, I'm not picky, and realize that most shallows will probably be A-E.

My body frame makes a regular bodied guitar extremely uncomfortable. Years ago I had an Ovation Applause, which was great for me, save for the baseball bat neck. I'm aware that the shallow body will generally make it quieter than a full bodied, and you'll sacrifice some punch especially in the low end, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I was actually playing a Ovation GC057-RR the other day and liked it, but figured at 3 bills it had to have been poor quality build. So are there any recommendations for somebody like me?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh, I guess I should mention that my budget is flexible, though I'd rather not break a grand.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Nothing guys?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
for shallows backs[round back]... only ovation

besides they are the only one who makes that kind if acoustic...

i own one... applause ae247
and so far, its great...

I recommend you to buy HIGHEND Ovations...
Thanks.

I was "afraid" of that, that only Ovation made them. Welp, Ovation it would be then. What price range of theirs would you say their "high end" starts at? And what makes their high ends more desirable besides just build quality?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Alvarez makes some pretty sweet all solid 000's, A friend's got one in with a rosewood body. Nice guitar with great tone and that "rosewood rattle" to it. It came full on acoustic, but he installed a Fishman.

Check 'em out. I'm not sure what the model is, but they're a really good guitar.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Quote by Guitarminator
Alvarez makes some pretty sweet all solid 000's, A friend's got one in with a rosewood body. Nice guitar with great tone and that "rosewood rattle" to it. It came full on acoustic, but he installed a Fishman.

Check 'em out. I'm not sure what the model is, but they're a really good guitar.

How's the body style? Most standard size bodies are really uncomfortable for me. Which sucks, but it is what it is.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
000 is one of the regular body guitars, but it's smaller(thinner) than the standard dreadnought(which is probably the "stardard sized body" guitars you've played).
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
For the most part, you really won't find a shallow body acoustic guitar that sounds great. You should probably just suck it up and get used to a regular guitar.

And I've known very short peopl who have played regular sized acoustics. How small can you be?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
It's not so much that I'm short (though I'm below average at 5'6), it's that my arms are a little short, and my elbows bend weird. Getting shorter arms that bend weird around a standard sized acoustic body sucks. I'm a freak, I know.

And like I said, I know I'm sacrificing natural acoustic sound with shallow body.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
yamaha apx series

EDIT: liked the apx's A LOT better than the ovations, and some takamine's, they looked and sounded a lot better, and they play like a dream
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by captivate
000 is one of the regular body guitars, but it's smaller(thinner) than the standard dreadnought(which is probably the "stardard sized body" guitars you've played).

...What he said. The dimensions of the top/back are slightly smaller as well as being slightly thinner. The volume thing is true but it's not that much of an issue. If you really need volume you can always mic em or install an acoustic pickup.

Nice bunch of guitars Captivate...Good taste
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Well, I ended up trying out a few of those models, and they, unfortunately, were still slightly uncomfortable. I ended up getting a decent deal a Balladeer because the guitar was discontinued. Felt really nice in my hands (that's you and the guitar melding together...), and I got enough volume out of it unplugged for my tastes, and it sounded real nice plugged in. Plus it looks real purty (I have a pic of it up in my gear stuff). It'll be good for my needs.

I just wish I wasn't a freak.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣