Hey I really love the feel of telecasters but I need something for playing heavier music

I've got a really nice strat thats extremely versatile except it cant pull off metal very well.

I played my friends fender tele that was made sometime mid 90s and the feel of it was so comfortable

are their any guitars that have a similar feeling neck to a modern telecaster? I dont really care about what the body looks like, i just need a guitar that is great for metal and can be tuned down to drop C or B without sounding like sh*t

thank you, wonderful UGers
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
You could get a tele with a mahogany neck and body, with dual humbuckers?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

james root's sig is a tele

EDIT: if that's at all relevant lol
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
The Blackout perhaps?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i was considering building one from various parts and using dual humbuckers but im worried it would sound too trebly and ive never seen a mahogany telecaster body or neck and the standard tele neck probably wont fit into most bodies, even putting the tele neck on a strat requires modding to fit
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by mh400nt

it was relevant
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
Quote by pinback
Hey I really love the feel of telecasters but I need something for playing heavier music

I've got a really nice strat thats extremely versatile except it cant pull off metal very well.

I played my friends fender tele that was made sometime mid 90s and the feel of it was so comfortable

are their any guitars that have a similar feeling neck to a modern telecaster? I dont really care about what the body looks like, i just need a guitar that is great for metal and can be tuned down to drop C or B without sounding like sh*t

thank you, wonderful UGers

First off, I love your "Ken - By Request Only" avatar.

Look into some of the Schecter models or ESP. They will work for metal, and there are enough variety where you might find a similar feel.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
Quote by pinback
i was considering building one from various parts and using dual humbuckers but im worried it would sound too trebly and ive never seen a mahogany telecaster body or neck and the standard tele neck probably wont fit into most bodies, even putting the tele neck on a strat requires modding to fit

the tele twang and treble would be gone if you switched pickups.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
the jim root or john 5 tele's, theres also some other good ones, browse the fender website
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Hmm, I was going to suggest an ibanez, some of them have rather thin necks like teles, but you might have to deal with a floyd rose which are annoying in my opinion. That jim Root tele looks nice and it's £599, looks like a good guitar.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Best options would be:

A Jim Root Telecaster
A John 5 Telecaster
A Telecaster Plus or Plus Deluxe (any model with the Dually Red bridge Humbucker/Blue Tele neck pickup set)

Or a custom telecaster-shaped guitar by Carvin (doubt it'd have the same feel as a Fender though) or make a guitar yourself with Warmoth parts.
Listen to Wintersun, Jari uses a tele, and its stock. Tell me that isn't crushing metal tone.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Schecter Hellraisers have thicker necks, I'm not sure they are as thick as telecasters though.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
Schecter Hellraisers have thicker necks, I'm not sure they are as thick as telecasters though.

*facepalm*
dude Pepper keenan uses teles jus swap out the pups to a SD hot rod single coil or something
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs