So my parents told me that if I sold my strat copy guitar and gave them the money from it, they'd buy a $450 used Jackson King V for me and consider the extra money an early christmas gift. Is this a good guitar? I play Rammstein/Metallica type sound, obviusly to justify this guitar, I'm going to need to also sell my amp and buy a better one.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

its good but after awhile it becomes really annoying because you cant play it sitting down
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Quote by cob666
its good but after awhile it becomes really annoying because you cant play it sitting down

of course you can.

classical position.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
is it a legit king v? or a kvx10 v? im gonna assume its a kvx10 because of the price, but for what you're playing, that should be much better than a strat.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by VanTheKraut
obviusly to justify this guitar, I'm going to need to also sell my amp and buy a better one.

see sig plz
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
see sig plz

dude, dont look now, but theres a spider on your sig... Dont move, I'll get it for you...
*Swats* HAH FACEPALM BITCH!!!!

Lol, just kidding, sig it bitches...

EDIT- Ya, It would have to be the kvx10
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by cob666

you cant play it sitting down because you dont know how to play v's. i got used to it in less than 30 minutes. it's fine and thats a stupid reason not to buy a guitar. and who the hell wants to play sitting down? that's a horrible way to practice.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
do it its clearly superior to the squire
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
do it its clearly superior to the squire

Its not a squier, its a samick strat HSS copy, but yeah, its really superior...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by apak
you cant play it sitting down because you dont know how to play v's. i got used to it in less than 30 minutes. it's fine and thats a stupid reason not to buy a guitar. and who the hell wants to play sitting down? that's a horrible way to practice.

i meant you can't play it somewhere if your sitting down where there isnt a place to hand your feet. Like if you're practicing in the middle of a bed. Also, how the hell is it bad to practice sitting down? I've had my Jackson king v for 3 years and i know how to play, and hold it.
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Woah, I just figured out its a Randy Rhoads king V! Which is good right?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by VanTheKraut
Woah, I just figured out its a Randy Rhoads king V! Which is good right?

as in it's the traditional RR shape (asymmetrical V) or as in the king V was derived from Randy's Asymmetrical V?

if it's the first I assume you're getting a RR3, in which case it's a decent guitar.

if it's the second, it's only really good if you're a rhoads fan as it doesn't really have much impact on the guitar itself.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by cob666

TS this post is false.
Quote by cob666
i meant you can't play it somewhere if your sitting down where there isnt a place to hand your feet. Like if you're practicing in the middle of a bed. Also, how the hell is it bad to practice sitting down? I've had my Jackson king v for 3 years and i know how to play, and hold it.

wa?
Since you are buying used, keep a look out for either a KV3 or a KV standard. They are both Japanese made KV's from the standard series. The KV3 is like the newer version of the pro with some upgraded aesthetics (flame maple veneer and sharkfins vs the solid black and dots of the standard). Both will play better then the KVX10 and can be had in your price range if you look.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Last edited by mogar at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by apak

Umm.. Sitting down is the best way to practise, mainly because it is more comfortable, at least with most guitars.

Dare I say it, what you just said...

'phails'.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Umm.. Sitting down is the best way to practise, mainly because it is more comfortable, at least with most guitars.

Dare I say it, what you just said...

'phails'.

Playing standing up and playing sitting down are totally different. If you play sitting down, and you are playing shows, why bother?

EDIT: Either way, you can't have a Randy Rhoads King V. Is it shaped like this:

Or like this:
Last edited by DashBlaster at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by DashBlaster
Playing standing up and playing sitting down are totally different. If you play sitting down, and you are playing shows, why bother?

Yeah, why bother.
Quote by herman ri2
Yeah, why bother.

Har har, yeah there are exceptions, but really, are you going to play sitting down on stage? Especially with an attention grabbing V? Especially when he's playing something high-energy like Rammstein and Metallica?
Quote by DashBlaster
Har har, yeah there are exceptions, but really, are you going to play sitting down on stage? Especially with an attention grabbing V? Especially when he's playing something high-energy like Rammstein and Metallica?

It doesn't matter about sitting down or standing up.

It matters about the music.

But personally, I like standing up.
Quote by DashBlaster

I think he means that the King V was designed by RR (or at least developed from the RR shape. I can't remember)

Quote by element4433
Quote by DashBlaster

Or like this:

its "assymetrical" with an ass... so its the first one where the tops bigger with the silver pickgaurd
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie