Help me make my mind up i`m favouring an sg but i keep looking at the les paul , no particular model around £500.00 make any suggestions people?
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
Well, I would go for the Les Paul my self. Maybe a Vintage V100 or an Epiphone Les Paul something. Give us some options on what you like.

EDIT: By the way, the Vintage is as good as Epiphone, hell of a lot cheaper (since your not paying for the logo) so you can get a nice valve amp aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Thats part of the problem for me i`ve not long been playing guitar so what feels right is a difficult one in as much as i only can play a few chords so looking a prat in the shop isn`t top of my list of things to do, music wise i like acdc guns and roses ,boston , most kinds of rock really , is my budget realistic?
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
Quote by ruffdog64
Thats part of the problem for me i`ve not long been playing guitar so what feels right is a difficult one in as much as i only can play a few chords so looking a prat in the shop isn`t top of my list of things to do, music wise i like acdc guns and roses ,boston , most kinds of rock really , is my budget realistic?

Yup, £500 will get you some good gear, but as I said, you may want an amp aswell. Heh, just to be more on the Vintage, you could get the VS6 (the SG copy) which is decent, a Laney VC30 and a good OD pedal, now that'll get the tones you want.

And if you have a nice tone, you'll be encouraged to learn! Yay all round!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You like Aerosmith and GN'R, so why not pickup a Les Paul? Most likely an Epiphone Standard or Custom, unless you cancough up the dough for an Gibson. But other than that, try before you buy. And you're lucky. I can play like 15 full songs and a bunch of riffs and solos from others and I'm stuck with an Epi LP Special II.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate