I just bought an active bass with really high output, and my amps low / high inputs are not enough to cancel out the noise. Can anybody recommend a fix?

PS. I looked at the electrical in the bass last night, it looked OK, but I'm no expert.
You can't turn down the amp?

I'm confused, what's the problem? Are you getting a lot of buzzing? It may be that the bass isn't grounded properly.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
what kind of bass is it? my cort has a gain dial on the back i can adjust with a philips head, maybe it has something loke that
Quote by swarming_flies
I just bought an active bass with really high output, and my amps low / high inputs are not enough to cancel out the noise. Can anybody recommend a fix?

PS. I looked at the electrical in the bass last night, it looked OK, but I'm no expert.

The inputs don't cancel noise, the high input has a higher resistance so the volume of an active bass signal is reduced to around the same level as a passive bass signal going into the low input.

I agree with Chris, I reckon this "noise" is a buzz and that your bass isn't grounded right.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'm assuming this could be a grounding issue.
The buzz is a hissing with popping that is part of the bass signal, so the louder the bass, the more hiss.

I've had this with other basses, but it wasn't constant. And touching the treble dial would cause the hissing to cease. Ie, it would be grounded. But this won't stop the hissing with the new bass.

The bass is a ESP, not LTD, F-Series Bass.
Have a look on google I am certain there will be some web pages on how to effectively ground guitars out there.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
From what you've said, it could be a problem with the solder joints. Take a look at all of the solder. Is it all shiny? If it isn't shiny, you might need to resolder those particular joints.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.