i would think its mostly in there choice of amps. im sure they have some ODs though, probably some chorus for cleans. i dont really know though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Okay a specific pedal to play get an emo-punk sound....a crybaby?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by in_ruin_101
haha was that a joke?

not a funny one.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
BEATEN TO IT!!!!

lmao, cry-baby, hahaha

in all seriousness, buy a $4,000 les paul, and a Marshall stack, and play powerchords. theres your sound.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
BEATEN TO IT!!!!

lmao, cry-baby, hahaha

in all seriousness, buy a $4,000 les paul, and a Marshall stack, and play powerchords. theres your sound.[/Q

lmfaoo +1000000000000000
Any mid gain modern voiced amp should get you close. I guess humbuckers would be better in this case but, the sound isn't too complicated. Any general distortion and your set I suppose.

What amp and guitar are you currently using?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
currently i've had an acoustic for over a year, so i'm ready to move on to some electric stuff
Ok so if you only have an acoustic. I would look into the guitar and amp before the pedals as those will be the key factors in your sound. Ideally you shouldn't need pedals but they can help.

Do you have a budget in mind? There are a lot of decent well priced amps available to you.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
lets just go with under 1,000; i'm going to be getting a job soon so i can start saving more.
Epiphone sg g-400, and a peavey valveking?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

G-400: 300$
Valveking 112: 400$
Digitech Bad Monkey: 50$
Peavey Footswitch: 50$
Tone: Priceless

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

the new xaviers telecaster from guitarfetish are really good for their price
they are 182.

so:

tele: 200
badmonkey: 50
used peavey classic 30 : 300

I dont think youll need a footswitch, pop-punk songs are generally dirty, so if you want to lighten up, use the volume knob.
Quote by K!nj!
Okay a specific pedal to play get an emo-punk sound....a crybaby?

This is pretty funny.. haha

Seriously, get a nice tube amp. You wont be needing a distortion pedal then. So get a nice OD. Then think of what modulation effects that you want next.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

lol sweet thats probably the route i will go... its weird that i would spend about 700 dollars on the word of a complete stranger.
I would pass on the Valveking.

Get either a Traynor YCV40WR or a Traynor YCV50 Blue. much better amps. Look used, and you'll find them bother under 500.

A lot of pop punk bands these days are running through a Marshall JCM800 or JCM900. Using a YCV50 Blue will let you get that British/Marshall tone fairly easily.
i find a lot of punk bands these days seem to be using telecasters for some reason. and ive seen a bunch of dual recs too. though id say the more classic punk sound is more marshally to me. but with $1000, id spend at least half on the amp, maybe more. a good amp will sound a lot better with a decent guitar then a good guitar with a not so good amp.
Use eBay, don't get a valveking.

I'd get a epi les paul custom maybe? $500 on eBay.

I don't want to suggest something I've never tried but a Classic 30 with a really nice OD? Maxon, Ibanez, etc.

Could also go for a Tiny Terror with an avatar 1x12 if you had enough too.. That would be a absolutely amazing rig.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by jof1029
i find a lot of punk bands these days seem to be using telecasters for some reason. and ive seen a bunch of dual recs too. though id say the more classic punk sound is more marshally to me. but with $1000, id spend at least half on the amp, maybe more. a good amp will sound a lot better with a decent guitar then a good guitar with a not so good amp.

And yeah, almost every pop punk/rock band uses a Mesa Rectifier.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
^Not necessarily. Maybe a few years ago, but not nao. Rockerverbs are getting popular, as are Rocker 30's. Orange in general is getting popular. They're branching out from just Mesa, and if nothing else, at least not limiting themselves to the Dual Rec. I've seen the Lonestar onstage, I've seen a Bad Cat onstage. I've seen a lot of JCM800's and JCM900's on stage. JCM2000's, occasionally.
Pop-punk guys don't use pedals, they use amp distortion. The most you would need is a good OD and MAYBE a delay. Invest in an amp like a Mesa Rectifier (they are all the rage these days) or a Marshall DSL, and that would be all you need.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The amp is basically the most important thing.

It depends on what kind of pop punk sound you want, a lot of guys use Marshalls, and a lot use like Mesa's like the dude earlier said.