Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Boss OC-3
Boss AC-3
Boss OD-20
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez DS-7

I need to get rid of quite a few for space and money reasons. I need to keep at least the AC-3, but what should I sell? Or should I replace anything?
Holy cow, that's a lot of pedals! And most of them are BOSS pedals :| Some of their stompboxes are good, but other are pretty awful. Gimme a while to think about it.

We'll do it this way:

what is your current amp? What music do you play? Why do you have a sh!tload of distortion pedals? What sound are you looking for?
Last edited by zombiak at Jul 19, 2008,
Nah, Boss are just cheapest and most accessible.

amps:
Marshall AVT100
Peavey 112 Valveking
Ibanez Valbee
Music: Mainly Hard Rock-bordering-Metal
Pedals: wanted to experiment for good distortiony sound
Sound: Distortion with very clear highs, harsh-ish tone and easy feedback.

Basically., my Amp settings are around:
Overdrive Lv.2 on, Gain - High, Volume - depends, High - Max, Mid - high, low - minimal, reverb - low.
[This image is too emo and is busy cutting itself.]

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
do you actually use all 7 boss distortion/gain/fuzz pedals? and 2 more ibanez ones? thats crazy
No, I plan on getting rid of:
DS-1
FZ-4
SD-1

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
i could help more if you listed what each pedal is so i dont have to go look it up.
but put it this way, keep an OD, to boost your amps. keep a tuner, keep a delay. you could probably get rid of the rest. unless you need like chorus or flange or something
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I might get rid of the Ibanez's, I'll get rid of the Flanger, I'llkeep the OD-20,the Tuner, Delay,the MT-2 and the Acoustic Simulator.

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
Quote by Zy_
I might get rid of the Ibanez's, I'll get rid of the Flanger, I'llkeep the OD-20,the Tuner, Delay,the MT-2 and the Acoustic Simulator.

what is the MT-2?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Metal Core. Extreme distortion. Never leaves my set.
Also, Is there anything that turns guitar into Piano/Strings? I'd love one of them.

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
you have some decent amps, you should be able to get your disto. sounds from them, not from a metal core pedal. i would suggest looking for an amp that suits your needs if you cant get a good heavy sound from those.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Zy_
Right. I have:
Boss TU-2
Boss BD-2
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Boss OC-3
Boss AC-3
Ibanez TS-9

2 overdrive pedals, tuner, delay, phase, octave and the acoustic simulator. that's more than enough for most people.

you could replace the BD2 with the SD1 if you want but whichever one you keep, get it modded.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Ok, so you have a TS-9, a DD-3, and a tuner. Why do you need anything else?
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Hang onto your TS9, probably, maybe another OD pedal to mod, and ditch the rest of that type of pedal. Beyond that, maybe figure out what effects you actually would use, sale off all your low quality pedals, and replace them with a couple of higher quality, maybe true-bypass pedals.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Zy_
Metal Core. Extreme distortion. Never leaves my set.
Also, Is there anything that turns guitar into Piano/Strings? I'd love one of them.

Some sort of synth pedal.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Zy_
Right. I have:

Boss TU-2
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Boss OC-3
Boss AC-3
Ibanez TS-9

that's what you should cut down to.
give or take another distortion pedal ( )
Personally, id sell the lot and start again, you could have made some much better decisions than that with the money you spent (hate to be blunt but still)
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...