I've been wondering if this were possible to do. Is it?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
You'd probably need a new pickguard and have to work your way around the body with a Dremel a bit.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Surely you could just get a Firefird studio and replace some of the hardware?

Don't defile a firebird.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
No, Firebird VII's use covered Single coils. If you want a humbucker sound, you're better off getting a Firebird Studio. If you are hellbent on the block inlays and neck of the VII, you can get Fender 'Hot Rails' which sound humbucker-y.

Actually, if you live in the UK, I can sell you my really old Firebird studio.
Quote by Zy_
No, Firebird VII's use covered Single coils. If you want a humbucker sound, you're better off getting a Firebird Studio. If you are hellbent on the block inlays and neck of the VII, you can get Fender 'Hot Rails' which sound humbucker-y.

Actually, if you live in the UK, I can sell you my really old Firebird studio.

Really? On MF it says they use "mini humbuckers."
Is that just Gibson's BS way of saying SCs?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Well a mini-humbucker is basically a humbucker cut in half. Which is just a SC. They only pass it off as a Mini HB to make it sound attractive and because it's covered.

Really best off using either Hot Rails or a Studio.
[This image is too emo and is busy cutting itself.]

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
Hmm....thanks. And I live in LA, so it'll be pretty hard to ship that Firebird Studio to me. :/

It was just something that was puzzling me.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Thing is, I've played a Firebird VII, and compared to a studio...Nah. The studio is cheaper as well, IIRC.
the only advantages I see on the VII are nicer inlays, fatter neck and slightly thicker body.
[This image is too emo and is busy cutting itself.]

Primary Gear List:
Ibanez RG2550Z
Jackson RR-3
Peavy 112 ValveKing
Boss MT-2/TU-2
Quote by Zy_
Well a mini-humbucker is basically a humbucker cut in half. Which is just a SC. They only pass it off as a Mini HB to make it sound attractive and because it's covered.

No.

Just no.

A minihumbucker is exactly what it says on the tin, it's a smaller variation on your standard humbucker so it's a thinner, brighter sound with less output. It is NOT a single coil, if it was it'd be a p94 considering they're the same size.

Oh. I was thinking of throwing in an EMG or Seymour Duncan in their, but I don't think either company makes pickups in that size. :/

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Zy_

Wow...best take a break from UG to remove the foot from your mouth, and engage your brain before posting again.

The Firebird has mini humbuckers, they're called "mini humbuckers" because they're mini humbuckers. Or, to put it another way, humbuckers that are somewhat smaller than you or i would expect humbuckers to be. I guess if Gibson had just released the Firebird now they'd have called them "nano humbuckers", or even "nanobuckers", but they weren't really using that word much in the 50's, so mini will have to do.

You can't fit full-size buckers unless you do some extra routing of the body - IMO it's not remotely worthwhile.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Zy_

That ranks as one of the dumbest things ive ever heard on here that was actually stated well. Mini humbuckers are shrunk humbuckers, same design but physically smaller.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
hai guyz ***s goin on in dis tread..?

Firstly... STOP.

mini-hb's and p90s and single coils and humbuckers are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

Although a mini-hb might fit in a p90 slot and vice-versa.. the tone is pretty different too.

Don't get the wrong info here man SINGLE COILS are NOT MINI BUCKERS.

Thanks.
Exactly, mini humbuckers were made first by Epiphne and Gibson adapted them for the Firebird and later the Les Paul Deluxe (which first came with P90s, but more people asked for humbuckers, so then it came with mini hubuckers stock)

And as said, you can't fit regular humbuckers on a Firebird VII. Also it would lost it's tone by doing that IMO, since a lot of Firebirds special tone comes from the mini humbuckers. If you want a Firebird with regular sized ones, get the Studio.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by guitarist151
hai guyz ***s goin on in dis tread..?

Firstly... STOP.

mini-hb's and p90s and single coils and humbuckers are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

Although a mini-hb might fit in a p90 slot and vice-versa.. the tone is pretty different too.

Don't get the wrong info here man SINGLE COILS are NOT MINI BUCKERS.

Thanks.

A P90 is Gibson's single coil, and they aren't completely different. They're all pickups!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
A P90 is Gibson's single coil, and they aren't completely different. They're all pickups!

True.. i didn't realise that

I'm desperate to find a mini-bucker for my guitar though.. shops all out of stock custom order would take a few months T_T..
^Nope, that is a single coil sized humbucker!

Here's a mini hbumcer (Les Paul Deluxe style and Firebird style)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Horlicks
Mini-Humbucker

For anyone who doesn't know

that's a doublestacked single coil. (a humbucker that would fit in single coil pickguards, etc)
Quote by guitarist151
True.. i didn't realise that

I'm desperate to find a mini-bucker for my guitar though.. shops all out of stock custom order would take a few months T_T..

Hardly anyone uses them so it's hard to find them in shops.

I hear that Dimarzio make some very nice Hot Minibuckers though.