This might belong somewhere else, so please move it if that is the case.

I need a synth backing track for The Who's Baba O'Riley (Teenage Wasteland). I want our band to play it but we have no synth or keyboard player, so I need a track.

I've been Googling relentlessly but have had no luck. If anyone has one, could make one, or knows where one is, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You can download the guitar pro file and mute all the other instruments, keeping the synth, or play it on the guitar, it's easy.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
You can download the guitar pro file and mute all the other instruments, keeping the synth, or play it on the guitar, it's easy.

that would sound so stupid... crappy midi

I want it too, I'm looking for it for ages.... probably have to copy it myself by playing it with Reason or something....
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Aplanken

I want it too, I'm looking for it for ages.... probably have to copy it myself by playing it with Reason or something....

RSE?

Or you could just import the MIDI into another program and make it sound good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Aplanken

Well, you could always use sound fonts to make it sound like a real instrument.
Personally I'd just do it with a guitar, myself. If you have two guitarists, one can keep the 'synth' going throughout the whole song. I'm curious, are you gonna stop the song before the violin piece? Do you have someone to do it with a harmonica or a guitar? I'm just curious. :P
"What was that?! *Sigh.* Here, hold my 'I Can't believe I'm Helping You' pie and watch this...."
Quote by Radicalcon
Personally I'd just do it with a guitar, myself. If you have two guitarists, one can keep the 'synth' going throughout the whole song. I'm curious, are you gonna stop the song before the violin piece? Do you have someone to do it with a harmonica or a guitar? I'm just curious. :P

We're gonna leave the harmonica bit out and do the violin with a guitar (there's a tab on here) but if we have to do the synth with guitar then we won't have enough instruments to do the violin solo.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Actually its not a synth, its a Lowrey Organ, which makes it even harder to recreate.
The sequence is also quite complicated.
You could the intro out in audacity and repeat it? That probabaly wouldn't do for the whole song though.
Quote by kaptink
You could the intro out in audacity and repeat it? That probabaly wouldn't do for the whole song though.

I tried that, but there's little parts where the synth changes in the middle of the song.

Does anyone know how to do the synth on guitar?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman

its like a power chord picked separately for the entire song
Quote by dudetheman
I tried that, but there's little parts where the synth changes in the middle of the song.

I think it's only a powerchord.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I think it's only a powerchord.

I know about the powerchord, I wanna do the synth part.

The power chords are just F, C, A#.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman

its

----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
----------------------10---10-------------------
----------10--10-------------------10--10-------
--8--8----------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

in all 16th notes for the entire song more or less
I think it moves down to C (the 3rd fret) at some point in the kind of bridge break (at the second "teenage wasteland" chorus)

also, its Bb not A#
Last edited by seljer at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by dudetheman

The synth part is a powerchord on the guitar.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
The synth part is a powerchord on the guitar.

OK, thanks, I'll try it.

I might record myself playing the synth part and then overdub that when we play it.

We only have two guitars; we'll need one for the power chords (F, C, A#) and one for the solo bits.

Quote by seljer

also, its Bb not A#

Same note.

EDIT: Alternate picking came naturally to me, so this will be easy. I don't see how anyone plays guitar without alternate picking, it sounds soo.....awkward.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by dudetheman
OK, thanks, I'll try it.

I might record myself playing the synth part and then overdub that when we play it.

We only have two guitars; we'll need one for the power chords (F, C, A#) and one for the solo bits.

check that video I posted above, the guitar does the synth part and the bass does power chords and melodies

Quote by dudetheman

Same note.

yes, but its in F major where you've very clearly got a Bb in there as the fourth
an A# would be a augmented third which would be
Quote by Primus2112
I just did the violin part on a bass today. With an E-bow. On topic, I could make it, if I can go get the right audio adapter this week. It may not be exactley like the oringinal, but I can get fairly close.

That would be great if I can't get it right with the guitar.

We don't need it by any certain deadline, so you can take your time.

It would be much appreciated!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by Primus2112
'Kay. I'll try to get the adapter, but gas is damn expensive and my dad probly won't go by Radioshack very soon. >_<

Whenever's fine!

PM me if you get it.

Thanks!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You're very welcome. I've been working on that sound for a long time, it's good to put it to use, since I won't gig for a few years.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~