Riffs involving the A5 power-chord, and using the 3rd fret on the 5th and 6th strings?
Welcome to the Jungle, Nightrain and Black Dog all use them at some point, and I'm sure there are others.
I reckon it's because they're easy to play, and sound energetic and stuff, but seriously, it's so unoriginal!

And most obvious rhythms have been taken, so it's harder for me to copy them
i dunno but the fifth fret on the E string sound the same as when you play an open A

i hope i helped
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by kiss my bass
i dunno but the fifth fret on the E string sound the same as when you play an open A

i hope i helped

serious?

Anyway, Black Dog, Nightrain & Welcome to the Jungle are all GREAT songs, regardless of how unoriginal that use of notes is.

i hope i helped
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Oh, without a doubt, they're some of my favourite songs
But I was just wondering if there was any real reason... not really much of a reason for a thread, I suppose :P
Quote by gabcd86
Oh, without a doubt, they're some of my favourite songs
But I was just wondering if there was any real reason... not really much of a reason for a thread, I suppose :P

I guess it just sounds cool
I must admit to having used the same "technique" on more than one occasion. But yeah, LOADS of bands from the 70's/80's hard rock scene do it. AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie, Motley Crue have a few songs where they use it, I believe Queen do as well. So yeah, it's unoriginal but it's still cool
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
AC/DC do it all the time.

It just sounds good.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by slash fan #1
Its a rock/blues rock kinda thing to do. It comes from the Pentatonic and Blues scales, it creates the sound that the band want. An Nightrain is my Fav Gnr Song

Same
Okay, question answered sort of. Feel free to delete :P

EDIT:
Quote by GiantRaven
wtf are you talking about?!

Check the main riffs of Welcome to the Jungle and Nightrain, I can't use tabs....