I need help both sound and feel incredibly awesome, but i need help deciding between the two. Because the DKMG is only 10$ more than the rhoads.
get the rr3 i have one and its awsome much better shape imo
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
RR3 dood!!! its simply the best metal guitar for its price HANDS DOWN!!! plus duncan jb/jazz are on fire....i cant stress this ENOUGH! u ll see a huge difference in tone compared to emgs...really dood....duncans will bring out the best of ur amp...emg are so meh in my opinions....duncan blackouts blow them out of the water...but passive duncans are da best!
Alright thanks for the opinions!
But i have a few questions,
how hard is it to play on stage, for example, does it ever get in the way when your jumping around and stuff? (im kind of a freak when I do that, I can jump around scream/sing and still be shredding at the same time) and can you replace actives with passives? I've never tried it before.
Quote by metulkult
Alright thanks for the opinions!
But i have a few questions,
how hard is it to play on stage, for example, does it ever get in the way when your jumping around and stuff? (im kind of a freak when I do that, I can jump around scream/sing and still be shredding at the same time) and can you replace actives with passives? I've never tried it before.

Neither body will get in your way. I actually prefer the RR body for playing live. Yes, you can easily replace active pups with passive.
aight look....rr3 is a VERY balanced guitar....u can thrash around and yeah....just get straplocks if u love ur guitar i think they look killer...dinkys just look like ibanezes or something....rr3 will pull some looks trust me
you will look cooler with the RR3 on stage
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
alright thanks alot.
i think i may have made my decision (sp?)
and is it worth spending the extra 30$ for the better colour in the rr3? (its just the plain black one with the plain pickguard)
OH i have another question, can you replace the pick guard and put in another coloured pickguard?
I can't really say much about the RR3, but I have a DKMG and it's a really great guitar. I collect guitars and think I have a pretty good feel for quality and sound and for the money I think the DKMG is excellent. The EMG's are definitely quite a bit hotter than the Duncan passive pickups in the RR3, but the Duncans are a very good pickup with a broader range of tone.
Good luck!
If this is your first guitar I recommend you get a shape that you will be comfortable with sitting down..

So basically buy a soloist style body, not something like a V.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I would recommend the DKMG instead. I own it and I think its the best guitar in the price range.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

the extra money for the better colour is worth it imo, and you should be able to replace the pickguard easy
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Yeah, I'd pay the extra money for a better finish. I recommend the Crimson Swirl or the Eerie Dess Swirl.

As for pickguard, I haven't seen any anywhere...
ignore the idiots who dont know how to play a V sitting aswell
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
alright thanks alot,
im still troubled on the dkmg and rr3 though.
can someone tell me why the other is better than the other?
and no, this isn't my first guitar. its my 3rd.
Quote by mrbungle50221
ignore the idiots who dont know how to play a V sitting aswell

Who says I can't play sitting with a V?

I just said that for a first guitar you probably should get something that's a bit more comfortable to sit with.

But It doesn't even matter for him since this is his 4th guitar.

You should watch what you say next time and try not to be so rude.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Get the dinky its better value.
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
i disagree man...emgs are shaaait compared to duncans...and the alder wood and the duncan pickups that u get with the rr3 blow any emg away...so i d say yeah if u like the dinky shape just get the dk3 or whatever that has duncans in it too....and theres one with a maple neck thats so badass...but yeha if it was me it would be rr3...biggest musicians ever have used RRs....randy rhoads...marty friedman...kirk hammet...just to name a few...so yeah thats just me