Alright, so I just bought these Chicago and Santana posters from the 80's, and I really want to hang them up, but I don't want to damage them. Problem is, I don't know what to use to secure them. Tacks are pretty much out, due to holes in the walls and posters, and there's no way I'm using tape. I've tried the tacky clay stuff before, but it didn't really last long. It might have just been the off brand I was using.

Anyways, I'm looking to start a collection, anybody got any advice on displaying?

P.S. - Framing is probably the best, but it's a rather expensive option.
Well, you could fold the tape so it sticks to the wall and the poster, so the tape doesn't show...
EDIT: put the tape behind the poster.

MC name = Bearrorism
Yea I've used sticky tack and tape before. The tape ruined my posters and the sticky tack fell off really quickly. So I want to know what to use as well
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
idk what they are called but they are sticky double sided little squares that you peel off and stick on, maybe they are those sticky tack things. idk
Buy a poster frame, they cost like 2 or 3 bucks, and they put your precious poster behind plastic. Then tape that up, or figure it out from there.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
They make poster **** thats like velcro that you can put on the back. Its expensive but it saves your posters because they made it so it comes off easy.
Sticky tack is almost like moldable clay; you can stretch and squish it and stuff.

And yeah, tape is damaging and unreliable.

EDIT: I've found with other posters that lots of them aren't generic sizes, which kind of rules out poster frames.

Velcro isn't a bad idea, but if it comes off of the poster so easy, I can't imagine them staying up long.
Quote by guiTardif123
idk what they are called but they are sticky double sided little squares that you peel off and stick on, maybe they are those sticky tack things. idk

This. I had some that overlapped a bit... so if you stuck them on the corners, they come off without ripping the poster. If that makes sense to you?
What about Velcro(prolly spelled wrong) squares? You can get em at walmart I know at least, you peal off the back and stick it on the wall then peal the other one off and stick it on the poster and hang it with the velcro, shouldn't damage the poster.
get some piece of see through acrylic and put it on top of the poster, then stick them to the wall.
Actually, try welding the posters to the wall..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Shirate
Buy a poster frame, they cost like 2 or 3 bucks, and they put your precious poster behind plastic. Then tape that up, or figure it out from there.

+5000
Plus, poster frames make the poster look even cooler IMO.
http://

These are pieces of plastic that slip over the top and bottom of your posters and there is a hole to hang it from. They don't damage the posters, I use them all the time. You can find them at Wal-Mart by their poster display. (The packaging that they come in at wal mart is different though)

These things are awesome. I hate putting holes in my posters too, and tape tears them to shreds.

They cost like 2 bucks.
Last edited by JBOO7OHMSS at Jul 19, 2008,
Masking tape, get like 2-3 inches and roll it into a circle, tap that onto the back side of the poster and there you go.

The glue is strong enough the keep the poster up and weak enough to where it won't hurt the poster.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II