ok so i found a jcm900...the 4101 model which is an 100w combo with the 12 inch speaker...(someone know what speaker?) ok so i m wondering...does it have the gain to pull of some megadeth/early metallica? i play an rr3 with jb/jazz.
just tell me if it can get that thrash metal bright yet tight sound...or if i d need a pedal...i have a marshall jackhammer to boost it if i had to....but does it need it or is it gainy enough? it is called high gain dual reverb afterall so
I'm wondering the exact opposite,I'm gonna buy a 900 too but I don'tif they have good cleans.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
well my guitar teacher told me the cleans are like a mix of classic marshall with fendery cleans! so u cant go wrong with that man....its generally considered not a CLASSIC marshall just cause its a bit brighter and punchier then the rest....so i know it has good cleans....i m wondering how far over the top it would go on the distortion side
as far as I've heard it,I would say it kinda reminds of the hair-metal sound like Mötley Crue and stuff
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
yeah its kinda bright and organic....sounds like ur guitar strings i guess....but yeah lots of people say that its a jcm800 on steroids and more high end....BUT others say it cant do metal without a pedal....so? people?
I'd say mine can do thrash at a push. it would easily get it with an overdrive pedal but bear in mind that mine has EL34s in, whereas most 900s have 6L6s.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
yeah yeah mine has 5881s...so thats 6l6s....that means a bit tighter...maybe even darker and yeah more gain....so i m guessing yeah that it should be ok....i will try it of course before i buy it...but dude....just 450 euros for it....new-ish tubes...perfect condition...what else do u want?
what's thez difference in sound between EL34 and 6L6 coz I'm kinda new to tube amps
^Changes the character a bit, EL34s being brighter. But the difference is very small.

Oh and the 900 being an 800 on steroids? Most certanly not! It's compeltely different. The tone of the 900 is NOTHING like the classic Marshalls (I've owned one seeking the classic Marshall tone, but i can't DO IT!). The 900 is a very tight sounding, moern hard rock amp. Will it do thrash? No problem!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
aight very good to hear....and pushed i m sure it can do pantera or modern metalcore and such..with a nice od pedal....and still stay mega tight yes?
Quote by georgakis187
aight very good to hear....and pushed i m sure it can do pantera or modern metalcore and such..with a nice od pedal....and still stay mega tight yes?

I wouldn't say megatight for metalcore. Definitely for thrash though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
no but...with an od pedal....it ll stay tight right? some amps just tend to liek get all grainy and flabby
Quote by georgakis187
no but...with an od pedal....it ll stay tight right? some amps just tend to liek get all grainy and flabby

Yeah, but it depends on your guitar too. You really need to drive and tighten the hell out of the Marshall for it to do metalcore.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
rr3 with jb and jazz...jb is a smoking hot pickup man....dude look....for my sound on my ****ty mg..i never go over 50-60% gain and yeah mg sucks balls....so i m guessing yeah i can get the soudn i want
If you wnat metalcore, go for a Bugera. Tried both the 333 and 6220 and liked them a lot! Both would suit you very WELL!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well no i dont really want metalcore just getting an idea for how far the jcm900 will go....anyone have suggestions as to what pedal i should get IF SAY i should need to boost it?