ok so ive been saving up for the line-6 ux-2 for a while now(im a bad money save) and im finaly getting close to being able to afford it. but before i buy it i was wondering if there were any better interfaces you would recomend over the ux-2 in the same price range. Right now all i plan on recording is guitar/bass/vocals. right now im just using drum machines. uhh the kind of music is pretty much everything. my main focus is like a electronica/powerpop thing but eventually its ognna be my side thing and my main focus will be either a metalcore band or pop punk(tryin to get a band together). so um idk what else to say i guess if theres any details im missing just tell me. thanks.
Line6 interfaces are fair for fun and ideas however I never really liked the overall sound they captured...

PreSonus Inspire 1394 firewire
PreSonus Firebox
Mackie Onyx Satellite firewire

All great choices over the Line6 however keep in mind to look which units have vista drivers if you are running that OS.
yeah im on xp. thanks ill check those out

EDIT: out of all of those the onyx satellite one looks interesting do you recomend that one?
Last edited by xsv434 at Jul 19, 2008,
mm i just realized i dont have a firewire thing on my computer. but im pretty sure my printer came with a cord thats firewire on one side then usb on the other could i use that?
I almost got it too but I got the Stealth plug instead. that is almost the best thing i ever bought in my life!
not only is their 0 latency and very simple to use but the software that comes with it is amazing. tracktion looks simple but its very powerful and amplitube live has some great tones.
read up a bit about it. my mate has both and he only uses to tone port for vocals now.
Quote by xsv434
mm i just realized i dont have a firewire thing on my computer. but im pretty sure my printer came with a cord thats firewire on one side then usb on the other could i use that?

No, you need have a Firewire port on your computer. You can install one pretty easily I believe. I don't know much about that, but I'm sure someone else will post who does.

I'd go for the Mackie too, the Toneports always seem too gimmicky for me. I wouldn't go for the Stealth Plug either myself, because you're limiting yourself to DI, and won't be able to use microphones.
There is poetry in despair.