Let's start off with the good about these amps, particular the At-100; well they're better than the Valveking and the Marshall MG series (if that says anything). Seriously though, they have some upside. One thing this amp is definitely not lacking in is power. They say it's a verisitile amp musically, but truly can only cover metal. The features are however very verisitile. The ability to switch from tube A, AB, and solid state setting is real cool. Now for the bad....

This is not the poor man's rectifier (The Triple XXX is however). I must say, if you are looking for a Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Bogner, VHT, etc... You are not going to be happy with this amp. This amp is none of those. They're not really durable and the quality is horrid. These use P.O.S parts. It's almost a guarentee their will be a problem with the output transformer, reverb tanks, input jacks, foot switch, etc.
It's way too heavy and easily dinged. It's not a well thought out amp in the way of quality of build which is a result of the poor workmanship. It's not a gigging man's amp. Dent here, rip in the tolex there. The tone is not to my liking. It's difficult to dial in. This amp isn't easy to find the tone you want if you're picky like me. I'll eventually know where the good tones are, but plan on spending a few days diddling around with it to find your tone. It's very NOISY. It's harsh, sterile and lifeless, but that's just my opinion.
pointless thread much?

i give it a day topps to get closed
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
No offense mate, but SLOW DOWN ON THE THREAD MAKING.

I can't believe how many threads i've read from you recently. Several of them pointless and doomed to being closed very early on, due to them being based on nothing but your opinion. They're bound to become an argumentative thread with no purpose.

*considers reporting*
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
well good bitching about a retarted oppinion i have a b52 at-100 and it sounds much like a mesa boogie i changed tubes and i have lots of versatility it seems to me, u are just lazy had nothing to do and decited to bitch about some thing u dont no about
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I respect your opinion but it's completely wrong.
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
The majority of threads on here are pointless. I'm trying to get people to discuss. Why would you report this thread when I gave both pros and cons of this amp. It's simply my review of the amp. If someone disagrees, so be it. I would love to hear their rebuttal.
Quote by mwalluk
The majority of threads on here are pointless. I'm trying to get people to discuss. Why would you report this thread when I gave both pros and cons of this amp. It's simply my review of the amp. If someone disagrees, so be it. I would love to hear their rebuttal.

Then go put it in reviews. Not the anti B-52 thread...

http://ultimate-guitar.com/submit/reviews.php
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jul 19, 2008,
well good bitching about a retarted oppinion i have a b52 at-100 and it sounds much like a mesa boogie i changed tubes and i have lots of versatility it seems to me, u are just lazy had nothing to do and decited to bitch about some thing u dont no about

What's your reasons then? Tell me how you can compare it to a MESA. How am I lazy? Do you know me? Why do you automatically assume I know nothing about this amp? Because my opinion differs from yours?

I respect your opinion but it's completely wrong.

Enlighten me. What's your stance.
Then go put it in reviews. Not the anti B-52 thread...

If I did that, then it wouldn't recieve any discussion. Hence the thread.
Quote by mwalluk
If I did that, then it wouldn't recieve any discussion. Hence the thread.

Yeah... it would.

You don't really even have the right to be complaining about something you don't, nor have ever owned.

Reported.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jul 19, 2008,
Well seeing as already this has provoked no discussion and only what appears to be hatred ....

*reported*
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Wow. That wasn't biased at all.

While I agree the "poor man's mesa" claims are an exaggeration, the tone isn't as terrible as you make it out to be. It took me all of about 20 minutes to dial in an good tone. Of course playing it extensively made me realize I needed to make small adjustments, but thats expected of any amp. The noise is a problem, that's for sure. But a boss NS-2 (with lowest threshold setting, mind you) clears it up.

As for reliability, you're only going to hear about the ones that fail. People dont go around talking about how their amp hasn't malfunctioned yet, they pretty much only mention it if its had issues, though I'm definitely not denying that there shouldn't be so many malfunctioning.
you do realize that only the first production's of the at series where the unreliable ones.
this is like the 30th pointless bashing thread youve made. quit.

*reported*
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I have no idea why people compose threads slamming a decent amp. The B52 is a decent high gain amp, for a reasonable price...even it's cleans are not bad. For a good "NON-Biased" review take a looksee here:
http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-b52.htm

Not everyone has the $$ or need to always get the Mesa or some boutique high gain amp.
Last week was the VK haters thread, did that give you an idea? People do read the reviews here.
Quote by mwalluk
30th? Come on man, try second.

Which is two too many.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Which is two too many.

to walluk: as much as you say this is for discussion, its going to turn into an argument. For proof, see: YOUR LAST ANTI AMP THREAD.
And as I said in your last thread, Always remember:
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
user error
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Dude, why do you even care? Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?