im thinking of getting the lightsnake usb instrument cable, but im really not getting how it works. I understand i plug one end into my guitar and the other into the cp, but when i begin to play where will the recorded sound go to. plzzz help im confused
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Well, I could never get mine to work but I believe it just uses the Sound Recorder on PC. My guess is if you could get it to work you could then use something free like Audacity to import file. For all I know you can record directly into Audacity. Make sure you have a good sound card in PC is all i know. Oh, and I have Vista.
well how do you get a pedal plugged into the guitar than the lightsnake
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
I'm not so sure you can do that. It is an instrument cable that works off 44K bits and has it's own built in sound processor. There is a way to plug an amp I believe into the chord like a line out so you can hear yourself play while you theoretically record but the recording won't pick up the pedal or the amp.

This cable seems best designed for someone who wants to use computer software to be their effects and amps.

I would Search or hunt around in Riffs and Recording Forum because I have a feeling it is dicussed there more.

The StealthPlug works the same way i believe.
I use mine into audacity

run it off of a DI box with cabinet emulation

Works pretty great for scratch recording.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge