As the title says, i'm searching for a new amp, i play mostly metal, but i do some 80's rock and some blues, so it gotta be a bit versatile, i have around 1500 to 2000 $ (Canadian Dollars) to spend on it, any propositions ? (I don't care if its solid state or tube, but i prefer tubes.)
What guitar are you using? Pickups? Bands you listen to, in terms of sound you are going for.
i got an Ibanez RG with INF3 and 4 p'ups but i'll switch them for Duncan Invader and Full Shred or maybe Dimarzio's, for the music, i listen to many kinds like Necrophagist, Dream Theater, W.A.S.P, Kalmah, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Shawn Lane, Quo Vadis, Kataklysm and other stuff like that...
I would try either the Randall RM100, Carvin Legacy, PEavey JSX/XXX, MESA Dual or Triple Rectifier, Marshall JCM 800/900.
Those are all tubes. The Randall is very verisitile. VERY! You tube it and research it.
kk, for the marshalls, no thanks, i hate jcm's, no mesas for me, engl is too expensive (daym, these are good) but ill check the randall, thx.
ok, i checked the randall, the tone is too ''british'' for me and maybe a lil' too fat... any more suggestions ?? (sorry if im too selective...)