what kinda pickups does ynwgie use? does he have the humbucker that fits in a single coil or is it custom? and why is the bridge pick up slanted?
he has his own line of pups. and the bridge pup is slanted on all strats...
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
He uses DiMarzio YJM pickups.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shampooboy37
i know they are slanted on all strats... i'm asking why?

It is for tone. The closer the pup is to the bridge the brighter the tone. The bridge pup is slanted so that the high strings will be a bit brighter than the lower strings.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
It is for tone. The closer the pup is to the bridge the brighter the tone. The bridge pup is slanted so that the high strings will be a bit brighter than the lower strings.

Some think they should be slanted the other way to keep the bridge from being so harsh and to help it be a bit more balanced. Hendrix's were obviously that way since he played a righty Strat strung upside down (as SRV sorta copied) and I believe Buddy Guy actually flipped his on purpose.
Quote by Comfortablylomb
Some think they should be slanted the other way to keep the bridge from being so harsh and to help it be a bit more balanced. Hendrix's were obviously that way since he played a righty Strat strung upside down (as SRV sorta copied) and I believe Buddy Guy actually flipped his on purpose.

Yeah I have to agree with what you said. I think that the bridge pup on a strat should be straight because of the harshness but at the time they were developed overdrive and distortion weren't in use so it was less noticible.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
yngwie uses a Dimarzio HS-3 in the bridge and a Dimarzio YJM in the neck. he does not use the middle pickup at all
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Though his other question is viable, is the YJM a humbucker in a single-coil casing or a specially winded true single-coil.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Though his other question is viable, is the YJM a humbucker in a single-coil casing or a specially winded true single-coil.

I believe the neck and middle are single coils and the bridge is a stacked humbucker. Basically a Fat Strat.
the hs-3 and yjm are both "stack" humbuckers
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah