Titles pretty self explanatory, I'll be going into the studio around Christmas time...
Buy new strings for all the intsruments a day before and jam on the for awhile.
While your there play guitar when your not needed to stay warmed-up.
Annd
I usually hold the drug use and drinking for after your down.
Good Luck
Quote by goldmember1217
"That is so beast"

Beast is not a ****ing adjective.

!Epi Explorer For Sale!
PM Me
My site has this in pretty good detail:

www.greenroomrecording.ca. Go to "Preparing to record." I have it then subdivided by instrument classifications too for more specific stuff.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
... Go to "Preparing to record." I have it then subdivided by instrument classifications too for more specific stuff.

Hey, that's a nice simple list that's easy to follow on your site.

On you percussion page, a suggested addition to the line about make sure everything is working would be to mention to have everything tightened up, oiled, good cymbal pads, and anything else to get rid of rattle or unwanted noise.

Annoying to have a great take haunted by a squeak each time the hat goes open and closed.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
Quote by axemanchris
My site has this in pretty good detail:

www.greenroomrecording.ca. Go to "Preparing to record." I have it then subdivided by instrument classifications too for more specific stuff.

CT

That's a cool site dude, do you do the producing, engineering, or both?

I'm hoping once I get better at engineering to start up my own studio, i'm getting really sick of working in other peoples studios, at hours that don't suit me. It's great working with small and humble bands, but when you have an amature label who have absolutely no idea breathing down your neck and trying to intimidate you into turning their garage band into the next metallica it gets old haha.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
@webcommando - thanks for the suggestion. I need to do a major update of the site as a lot of it is outdated. I'll keep that in mind for when I do it. :-)

@Broken Lungs - I'm a one-man show. It is a hobby I run out of a room in my basement. (the pictures on the site are from our other house.... hence, the update required....) It's not pretty, but it's functional. I'll have to work on 'pretty' when I get some more money. And time. haha.

I don't advertise much (as I say, it's a hobby....), so the people who come in are either by word of mouth or people who know me either directly or indirectly. It makes for a nice personable atmosphere.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hahaha yeah I totally agree, some of the best home recordings I've ever heard came from a room full of bean bags and a fully loaded bar fridge, especially with vocalists, they need to be really comfortable in the environment they're working in, otherwise the reservations and discomfort shows up in their voice.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet