So I bought some EMG P&J Passive pickups for my Ibanez GSR200 and I was wondering if anyone knows how to install them so that they DON'T run on a battery. So that my active bass will run like a passive bass. And if your just going to tell me to buy a better bass or tell me I'm stupid OR suggest something other than what I'm asking for then don't bother posting a response. I don't want to hear it. I know my equipment sucks. You don't need to remind me. I'm just trying to work with what I DO have and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wow...sounds like someone has unresolved issues.

Why do you want to remove the preamp? Have you tried the new pickups with the preamp?
Quote by smb
Wow...sounds like someone has unresolved issues.

Why do you want to remove the preamp? Have you tried the new pickups with the preamp?

haha. yes. i do have issues.

and yea i tried it already but it's really quiet and isn't as powerful as it should be.
Would this not require rewiring the entire inside of the bass? As far as I know all the knobs run to the amp, which runs on the battery, which runs to the external amp. Thus to make it passive you would have to rewire it (somehow) and bypass the amp with the volume and tone knob and just cut the other knobs out. I have no idea if that would work or how to do it or even if it makes any sense, but what the hell... I just put a battery in mine.
You need a preamp section designed to run on passive pickups, as the output difference between active and passive pups is massive.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Basically, if you want the EMG's to work on their own, then you will have to remove the active preamp and put in passive controls.

OR

Buy a pre-amp designed to work with passive electronics.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
i'm gonna go ahead and say you're battery is dying or you haven't set the pickups to a decent height.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.