ok so I am selling all my junk so I can buy ONE guitar and ONE amplifier.

Now I know I will buy an stratocaster, but I don'T know if I should buy the CLapton signature, the John Mayer or the SRV?

is there a big sound difference? I play mostly blues, and old school rock (clapton, SRV, Tj Mahal, JM, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, even some U2)

As for the amp, I guess a twin reverb or a deluxe?
dont get a signature guitar, find your own custom look
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Get a custom, if you can only get one guitar may as well get one that's exactly right; see if you can find a local luthier to make one to your exact specs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The Eric Johnson strat is the best on the market. If you aren't a fan of him, ignore the name. It's just a REALLY good instrument.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
yeah but can I can something descent for 2000$? I mean in my head, custom sound expensive. I've always been a strat guy. I just thought a signature guitar was a garanty of quality. I don't really care about the name, just about the sound
Quote by morphixxx
yeah, i always have signature owners down as a set of wankers....

Says the guy who owns a Les Paul. That's rich.

Anyway, go play all of them in a store and see which you like best.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Thedoom
yeah but can I can something descent for 2000$? I mean in my head, custom sound expensive. I've always been a strat guy. I just thought a signature guitar was a garanty of quality. I don't really care about the name, just about the sound

Signature guarantees nothing but someone who's willing to sell their name.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/fender-guitars-music-gear-apparel-solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+14+200984

Pick one of those and as long as you try it and like it you can't really go wrong, or at least, you shouldn't be able to for that kind of cash.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i like the new american standard. then there are some nice looking customs but i haven't been able to play any.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
YES! Someone with good taste, I would go for the American Vintage '57 reissue maple strat, it's my dream guitar. Twin would be better. But if you want natural tube overdrive, go for the deluxe.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
If you're looking for versatility in that price range and want a Strat then I don't think you can go wrong with an American Standard Fat Strat or American Deluxe Fat Strat. I don't think you're really going to get as much of the classic rock overdriven/distorted range you might want unless you've got a humbucker in the bridge.
Quote: Originally Posted by morphixxx yeah, i always have signature owners down as a set of wankers.... Says the guy who owns a Les Paul. That's rich. Anyway, go play all of them in a store and see which you like best.

haha, touche....you knew what i meant though :P.