Page 2 of 3
Hi Gabe

i just stumbled across your thread here while surfing for other stuff and i am grateful and flat floored with your knowledge ... thanks so much ... very interesting reading

joined the forum so i could let you know that

tc
cormac
Well if you joined the forum just to say that, well hats of to you, your going in my sig!

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well if you joined the forum just to say that, well hats of to you, your going in my sig!

lol back at'cha ... i love that period of clapton's music the best ... esp the layla sessions ... still, to me at least, one of the most important guitar albums ever produced ... a must listen for every guitar player (tho most everything from that early period is a must listen) ...

and i think you're right btw that he didn't use a fuzz but used 'the woman tone' ... i've played with guys who didn't know it and with just a clean amp, no pedals, they think that my les paul somehow has a special pup or something ... it is very sweet and fuzzy and a good thing to experiment with before spending any money on a fuz imho

thanks again for the great article

(btw you mentioned a jimmy page one too ... i don't find it ... is it still up? and do you have other articles planned for the future? i won't want to miss them i'm sure )
Damn, thats REALLY in depth =]

Good job man! You earned the sticky!
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
It was Brownie, yes and then an old Fender Tweed Champ, narrow panel, 5F1

Hmm... So what, from nowadays stores, could give me quite similar sound? I mean: at least 'the texture'.
^

Well I decded to stop after Cream erally, because after that, his rig isn't as known...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

nice work man!

you might wanna add that he got the custom Les Paul from trading it for his Sunburst Les Paul (which of the 3 i dont know) with Paul Kossoff of Free

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
neither did i until i read a really extensive article on kossoff in a guitar mag over here...apparently that kept him from taking more drugs and dying even earlier..clapton the lifesaver

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I enjoyed the article and the posters knowledge of claptons gear , by why does this have to be a sticky?
this is great for what it covers
but it would be nice to have Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominoes
Well I did not cover them because of time constraints, however I could add them soon!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^Well actually Eric only used 1959s, however his early ones were the 1959 JTM100s. To me that tone does sound like the EL34 1959 and it looks like the band is in their later days so that's what I would assume it is!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

This may be the coolest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Are there any more threads like this with different artists?
Clapton has been seen using various early JTM45 half stacks. One of the pictures is seen down here. However he said to Jim Marshall he needed an amp that would fit in the boot (trunk) of his car. This made Jim doing a combo of the successful JTM45 head. This became the Series I combo. Clapton had one of these during the first Mayall era. However when he was kidnapped in Greece (a local band’s manager locked up his amp so he wouldn’t leave) Clapton had to leave this combo behind.
his autobiography, which i've just started to read, looks as if it provides a fair bit of insight into his guitars etc
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
it seems like clapton is CROTY(celebrity rig of the year) lol

I hope it stays, it helped me alot with my choice of guitars
great post
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
this is really good

i also use guitargeek.com

they have rigs from a lot of well known guitarists and bassists
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
I know this thread is old but there's some info I want to add. First, Eric wasn't necessarily kidnapped he was afriad of telling the manager of the band the Juniors that he was leaving (He was playing for them after there guitarist died and the glands[Clapton's make-shift band with his friends] were opening for them). The manager from what I understand he was an angry person who threatened to cut Claptons hands off if he left. So he created an escape plan where he left during a rehearsal the plan forced him to leave behind one of his Les Pauls and the Marshall.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Yeah, but basically he had no choice, so in a sense of the wor dhe was "kidnapped"
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band