I have recently come across a search on CraigsList of someone relatively close to me who is selling a Fender "Evil Twin" Amp.

First, for complete clarification, is this the same as the Fender Twin Amp as seen here:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Twin-Amp-100-Watt-All-Tube-Guitar-Amp-480649-i1145377.gc

?

From what I have read I believe they are, and that "Evil Twin" was a nickname given to describe how many of them were originally unreliable (a problem that has since been fixed). However, I want to be sure.

Secondly: I realize that these amps have great clean tone, which is fine for me, because a lot of the music I play deals with clean(er) tones. However, I am wondering if you can get any heavier tones either out of the amp itself, or if this amplifier cooperates well with various tone pedals so that I could shape a tone that would be unavailable simply through the amp itself.

The guy is selling it for half of it's online sale price, so...

Any feedback is appreciated.
Post the page here. I want to see something.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
As far as i know the evil twin hasn't been manufactured for several years. That's the one with red knobs yes?
In which case they are different in circuitry to the link you posted. Although they still have distinctive Fender cleans, they were designed to be a more higher gain version, so the cleans are slightly below standard twin par i believe. These things will also have to be LOUD to sound good
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
No it's the new reissue, not the red one. That's basically a reissue of the '57 Twin amp with reverb and gain.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
No it's the new reissue, not the red one. That's basically a reissue of the '57 Twin amp with reverb and gain.

Ahh right, then ignore my last post
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...