I know Ywngie Plays a scalloped fretboard, and some friends of mine say he isnt as good as he makes his music with the scalloped fretboard, which i heard basically makes all your hammer on and pull offs so much easier, is this true?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
It gives you a better grip on the fretboard. It doesn't make it any easier to play faster, if that's what you're looking for.
In theory it can give you better control over bending and vibrato since you have more room to maneuver your fingers around the strings and you can apply extra pressure and get a bigger bend. I have also heard it teaches you to play with a lighter touch because you have to only apply enough pressure to sound the note or you bend it out of tune but how much truth there is in that I don't know.

Try it and see; that's the only way.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you have to play with a very light touch on a scalloped fretboard, which in theory would enable you to play faster.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
does not make you play faster helps better bending and vibrato as stated already

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
actually, they really do let you play a little faster once you get used to them, because you barely have to touch the string to fret a note.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
There is no proof that it does indeed "make you play faster" it is all a matter of opinion and the person playing, not everyone likes the same things on the guitar. Even Yngwie says it is actually harder to play fast with a scalloped fretboard in his opinion.

Other than that the main advantage would be more control and a better vibrato. I am actually going to be getting a Fender Strat and will be adding a scalloped fretboard to try it personally.
They make the searchbar easier to search.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
actually, they really do let you play a little faster once you get used to them, because you barely have to touch the string to fret a note.

It's the exact same amount of pressure as you'd have to use to fret a note normally as the frets aren't actually any higher; the key point is that it trains you to use a lighter touch as the pressure you might normally put on a guitar without scallops would put the note out of tune on a guitar with scallops but I reckon once you've got the technique down on a scalloped guitar you'd be able to play just as fast on a normal guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by BMXfreak000
They make the searchbar easier to search.

Lol, no they don't, stupid.

Anyways... I've never personally used a guitar with one. It would be very hard to get used to though I assume. It could make vibratos easier. Who knows...
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
theyt are also very,very, very bad for people with untrained ears because you will get used to notes sounding different because they will most likely be bent from pressure.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1