My bass amp sounds horrible at high volumes (it kinda sounds like a fart), even at volumes that are somewhat as high, especially when I play hard. My amp is an Ashdown C115 MAG 300. For eq i run my mids on 7, bass 7, treble around 3. So do you guys have any suggestions on how to get rid of this crappy sound?
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
I'd drop the bass a little, cut the mids a little more and raise the treble, but I probably want a completely different tone. but, every amp will start sounding bad at a certain level. how high are these high volumes?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Its turned up all the way on my bass and the input volume is 2.5 and the output volume is 4.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

anyone else?

Quote by GuitarHero0715

Does your amp have an input level meter? Make sure you're not clipping. What kind of bass/pickups do you have?
Turn your pre-amp gain down. Also, it will help to turn down the ouput from your bass.

Love the Low end
turn down by 2, raise the high by 2 and cut the mid by 2, this sounds great at least with my set up
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by margeramann
Does your amp have an input level meter? Make sure you're not clipping. What kind of bass/pickups do you have?

my peavey millenium has j style hum canceling pickups and my ibanez sr500 has bartolini mk1 pickups.

Quote by GuitarHero0715

every amp has it's volume limits. i would turn your bass volumes to max, then turn all of the EQ's on the amp to zero. turn your gain and master volumes(pre/post) to about 5. now start playing your bass and slowly bring up each EQ frequency a little at a time, until you reach maximum sound/tone, before the amp distorts(farts). when the overall volume increases, you have to cut the EQ boost's. in other words, loud volumes, low EQ's. hope that helps.
Hmm sounds dodgy to me. Try emailing the guys at ashdown via there website and see what their opinion is. I have done this myself several times and i got perfect answers a few days later every time.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by the humanity
I'd drop the bass a little, cut the mids a little more and raise the treble, but I probably want a completely different tone. but, every amp will start sounding bad at a certain level. how high are these high volumes?

^^^^^
but i'd probably want a different amp. I went nuts when my last amp did that so i sold it.
Ashdown amps start to clip like hell when youve got bass levels really high, turn your bass and mids levels down a bit, or turn your input gain to minimum, use the VU meter to make sure it doesnt go to the red bit, VU meter is a god send to stop clipping.