Ok i know some are Dumble, Matchless, and Dr. Z i think...what are some other brands that are considered "boutique" amps? What makes an amp "boutique" ?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I don't think Dr. Z are boutique, more like high-end, there's a combo on the local GC here.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Small companies making few high-quality amps, usually at high prices.

As opposed to large corporations mass-making quality-compromised amps at lower prices (eg Marshall, Orange).
Dr. Z are boutique as far as i'm concerned, he does em himself, handwired.

Theres a LOT of Boutique companies, far too many to list.

I can make a contribution however:

JMI
Bad Cat
Metro
Germino
Trainwreck
Komet
Swart
Carr
Allen
Victoria
Valvetech
Carol Ann
Fargen
Budda
Fuchs
Sommatone
Clark
Reinhardt
Splawn
TopHat
Bogner
Two Rock
Roccaforte
Pure 64
Divided By 16
Frenzel
Siegmund
Bludotone
Soldano
Stark
Glaswerks
Mad Professor
Bruno
Diaz
Naylor
Red Iron
Ark Amps
Tone King
Juke
Reeves
Fractual Audio
Heritage
Kingsley
Aiken
Suhr
CAA
Alessandro
Jim Kelly
Gabriel
Tubewonder
Category 5

Just a few of the MANY out there.

its easier listing amps that arent boutique than are, anyway.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Jul 19, 2008,
Cornford.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
try listing boutique amps that only make nearly 100% original amps.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
try listing boutique amps that only make nearly 100% original amps.

Cornford

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Cornford

now correct me if im wrong, but arent they pretty much hot rodded marshalls?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
now correct me if im wrong, but arent they pretty much hot rodded marshalls?

Ummm...no...they sound completely different to a marshall within the "British" tone framework.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ummm...no...they sound completely different to a marshall within the "British" tone framework.

ok, good. so now i know of one boutique company that does more than just hot rod old amps. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
ok, good. so now i know of one boutique company that does more than just hot rod old amps. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Hahaha, that's a stupid stance to take, if you look at it 99% of amp designs are directly copied from things tried in the past, the only real groundbreaking stuff is to be found in the amp building community.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
its not a stupid stance to take. like i said i dont think there is anything wrong with it, i was just curious because its not that often that i hear about a complete new design when it comes to amps.
hell we wouldnt have marshall if it wasnt for him cloneing the fender bassman.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
its not a stupid stance to take. like i said i dont think there is anything wrong with it, i was just curious because its not that often that i hear about a complete new design when it comes to amps.
hell we wouldnt have marshall if it wasnt for him cloneing the fender bassman.
Just pointing out that it was not very often that you see innovation and it's just not great to make a point of, yanno.

Anyway, funnily enough, from schematics... Amps like even the Blues Jr employ some cool modern innovation in money-saving etc... It's often you find the boutique companies take the favourite vintage designs and build them to perfection rather than build something new and exciting, because that's not always what 'boutique' is about.

In the same way that you don't go to The Ritz to eat post-modern cybercookies made in a hermetically sealed factory by greased naked eunuchs, you go there to eat Peach Melba and exquisite classic things that you'd expect executed to perfection.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.