I've been trying to get more into doing some singer/songwriter stuff, especially in the vein of Dallas Green's solo work, and while I can sing and play at the same time w/o a problem, I always get the timing off when I'm trying to match up a chord change to my singing.

Does anyone have some tips on how I can get a more precise performance?
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
are you saying you need more help with the actual songwriting in regards to the chord changes or just changes when you are playing them. and city and colour is amazing
timing as in, remembering to change chords?
cos a lot of chord changes don't match up with the words or the end of the line or w.e?

cos it's usually fairly easy if you know the song really really well, and dont have to think about it
Well, I have trouble changing chords at the right times. Like, I remember the lyrics and I follow the rhythm, but when I'm supposed to change the chord I sometimes just... keep playing.

I can't seem to break out of doing this.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
hmmm what i thought would be a good idea is write the lyrics on a piece of paper, and then underline the word you're supposed to chord change on...and just follow along even if you know the lyrics by heart.