..And I saw this. Looks beautiful in my opinion.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPEX260

I've been playing guitar for about 2 1/2 years, using an old Ibanez. It's really only good for practice, (it's kinda beat up, I bought it used).
I might be joining a band here soon, so I thought I'd get a new guitar. I play mostly As I Lay Dying stuff, some metal, and some blues.

My budget is right around the $300-$400, so this fits okay.

Any opinions on it?
Thanks.
ugh.
rate ugly in my opinion.

but if it fits your budget and you like it, why are you asking other people about it??
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by dark_gilbert
ugh.
rate ugly in my opinion.

but if it fits your budget and you like it, why are you asking other people about it??

I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it, and what they thought of it.
:/
It's agathis (and chances are it's, not a good cut at that price) and the pickups don't sound like they'd be great.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Bad idea. It's got an agathis body AND lousy ESP pickups. Would you be opposed to going used? You'd be able to get a much nicer guitar for the money if you do.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Bad idea. It's got an agathis body AND lousy ESP pickups. Would you be opposed to going used? You'd be able to get a much nicer guitar for the money if you do.

Pardon my n00b question, but does the wood really affect the sound?
I was planning on changing the pickups out to maybe EMGs, but it all depends.
Quote by St. Jimmy189
Pardon my n00b question, but does the wood really affect the sound?
I was planning on changing the pickups out to maybe EMGs, but it all depends.

Yes, wood effects the sound almost as much as the amp does.

The guitar is terrible.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Yes, wood effects the sound almost as much as the amp does.

The guitar is terrible.

Whoa, really?
O_o. I feel like an idiot.
Quote by St. Jimmy189
Anyone else?
:/

Like I said, are you open to the idea of going used? Through the magic of ebay, you can get a $800-900 guitar in fair condition for $400.
I got my ESP LTD H-1000 Deluxe used for $400 from GC. and they even adjusted the truss rod for me!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Like I said, are you open to the idea of going used? Through the magic of ebay, you can get a $800-900 guitar in fair condition for $400.

I dunno, I've never really had luck on used guitars.
I'll check out Ebay though.
Quote by St. Jimmy189
I dunno, I've never really had luck on used guitars.
I'll check out Ebay though.

Ebay's the best place to look for dirt cheap guitars, but check out craigslist if you're looking to try before you buy.
Quote by RPGoof
I've heard anything under the 400 series by ESP LTD is pretty bad.

It seems so. :/
I've checked the reviews on the guitar, and they all seemed good. But I guess it's not.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Ebay's the best place to look for dirt cheap guitars, but check out craigslist if you're looking to try before you buy.

Alrighty, thanks man.
In my opinion, if you want a 260 model get the FX-260, its made out of mahongany, which is much better wood. Here's a review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2BGpJ6dC0 but yeah many people say that below 400 series isnt worth it, so you should try it out im not sure, or look around for other brands/ try used as they mentioned also, used is awesome if you cna get a good deal.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
In my opinion, if you want a 260 model get the FX-260, its made out of mahongany, which is much better wood. Here's a review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2BGpJ6dC0 but yeah many people say that below 400 series isnt worth it, so you should try it out im not sure, or look around for other brands/ try used as they mentioned also, used is awesome if you cna get a good deal.

I just really like the body style.
But I saw the EX-400, is that any better?
I already checked out the FX-260, but it's kinda pricey...
the EX-400 is the way to go, thats where they begin to get good, from what everyone says, but where exactly do you live, in the states?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
the EX-400 is the way to go, thats where they begin to get good, from what everyone says, but where exactly do you live, in the states?

Then again, the EX-400 is kinda expensive too. D:
I live in the states, yea.
Quote by St. Jimmy189
It seems so. :/
I've checked the reviews on the guitar, and they all seemed good. But I guess it's not.

thats cause it actually can be pretty good, everyone i know and seen with those neck thru agathis' it actually seems not toooo bad, but you can definitely do better in the price range, maybe agile cause im an agile fangirl?
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
thats cause it actually can be pretty good, everyone i know and seen with those neck thru agathis' it actually seems not toooo bad, but you can definitely do better in the price range, maybe agile cause im an agile fangirl?

you beat me to this, i was about to say that agile would be what you are looking for. Rondomusic.com. If you like the explorer type then this one would suit you well http://www.rondomusic.com/product768.html

Now if you live in the states check out musician's friend rather than zzounds musician's friend has better prices and selection. But yes do check out rondomusic.com all the agiles on there, dont bother with douglas/sx just go to the agiles.

EDIT:^^^ DAMN beat me to it, anyways at least you got advice.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.