ok so im fairly new to playing guitar but i have learned really fast and im already in a band. Since i am starting to play real songs and stuff im gonna need a pedal. My mom says she'll buy it but wants me to make sure i get one thats good for my level (about intermediate) and is one i can grow with. I play alot of rock, mostly all of it modern with some heavy metal. she doesnt want the pedal to be over the top expensive. thanks
what kind of pedal?

OD/distortion/flanger/phaser/eq/wah/reverb/chorus/octave?

my next qestion would be current rig and how you feel it is lacking...

i will assume distortion and tell you metal muff, but thats just me...
Quote by orionz06
what kind of pedal?

OD/distortion/flanger/phaser/eq/wah/reverb/chorus/octave?

my next qestion would be current rig and how you feel it is lacking...

i will assume distortion and tell you metal muff, but thats just me...

+ a bunch

just don't buy boss
haha that might help, sorry

either distortion or multi-effect

and if it matters i would like to get the sound of Linkin Park

and i play a Gibson Les Paul Signature Series and i have a Line 6 Spider III 15w
Last edited by Black Label93 at Jul 19, 2008,
oh

um...you've probably heard this, but...get a better amp. No distortion pedal will make a Line 6 Spider III 15w sound good.
Quote by guerito
oh

um...you've probably heard this, but...get a better amp. No distortion pedal will make a Line 6 Spider III 15w sound good.

really? oh dang
dont worry. the line 6 is fine since you just started playing. when you start feeling that your amp is lacking then you should invest in a new one

but the spider is a good beginner amp
Yeah, there's really no point in spending money on a pedal with that amp. Just save up for a better amp.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by One on Sunday
dont worry. the line 6 is fine since you just started playing. when you start feeling that your amp is lacking then you should invest in a new one

but the spider would be a good beginner amp if it cost 2/3 of what it actually does

Fix'd.

Really though, there's really no point in investing in a distortion pedal with his amp. A multi- fx would make some sense, though, and give him the chance to play around with a lot of different effects, provided that's all he can afford.
Also, you don't 'need' a pedal. No one 'needs' a pedal to 'play real songs'.

I go guitar -> Laney TF300, and it sounds great.