Is this really not being produced/sold at guitar center and musiciansfriend any longer?
I thought it would have been a great amp to upgrade to, but now it seems i cant find it.

I'm running through a spider III right now, and i hate the tone. Im going to have to upgrade in the near future. WIth a budget of around 500-600, what would you suggest for an amp that cna produce enough sound to play at small gigs, thas easily movable to jam with friends, and one that can play punk to metal, and clean if i feel the need to.
Im not really sure. I dont know too much about amps at all, what are the pros and cons?
Tube sounds better louder, so if your going to be using it in a room be careful.

I mean I have a 100w Tube amp and I use it in my bedroom at low volumes. But I jam often so its fine.

B-52 is a great amp. If you go to guitar center they still might have some. I was at a GC recently and they had it.
Peavey ValveKing 212
Ibanez Gio :\
well, tube amps sound awesome, but are expensive. solid state are ususally more versatile and cheaper, but don't sound as good.

if you're not sure, i would recommend the vox valvetronix

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yayu2Qq-SPw

the best of both worlds...sort of
i was looking at getting a bugera they seem really good for the value, im getting a 6262 they have 6l6's but make it really easy to convert to el34s which is what im gonna do cause im playing mine bedroom
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
i was looking at getting a bugera they seem really good for the value, im getting a 6262 they have 6l6's but make it really easy to convert to el34s which is what im gonna do cause im playing mine bedroom

you have a peavey 6505 why would you get the amp based on it???

TS

General Consensus, Tube gives overall better sound, higher the volume better sound quality for it realates to the tubes being pushed.

Tubes are also louder per wattage.

Well you sound like you want tubes for you dont like hte sound of the line 6 )who woulda guessed) though it is a modeling amp

Honestly i think a bugera combo would fit you nicely
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
you have a peavey 6505 why would you get the amp based on it???

TS

General Consensus, Tube gives overall better sound, higher the volume better sound quality for it realates to the tubes being pushed.

Tubes are also louder per wattage.

Well you sound like you want tubes for you dont like hte sound of the line 6 )who woulda guessed) though it is a modeling amp

Honestly i think a bugera combo would fit you nicely

well when i get my bugera im gonna leave my 6505 at my friends house we practice at and i want something a little less wattage for my house

i mean we play here sometimes but his house is so much better its like in the middle of nowhere xD
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
i played a nice solid state combo amp today, a fender ultimate chorus dsp, it had plenty of power to be heard over a drum kit in a bar/ pub sized room.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by ash_attack
well when i get my bugera im gonna leave my 6505 at my friends house we practice at and i want something a little less wattage for my house

i mean we play here sometimes but his house is so much better its like in the middle of nowhere xD

the 6262 combo is 120 watts, so you wouldn't be going down in wattage at all since the 6505 head is 120 watts and if you have the 6505 combo(60 watts) you would going up in wattage.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
the 6262 combo is 120 watts, so you wouldn't be going down in wattage at all since the 6505 head is 120 watts and if you have the 6505 combo(60 watts) you would going up in wattage.

i heard its only 120 wat peak but normally about 85
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
i heard its only 120 wat peak but normally about 85

oh god no. my 6262 is just as loud as my 5150 II and my Mesa Dual rect
i can put my lead volume on 4 and put my lead volumes on my 5150 II on 4 and they run at the same volume.

it will blow my friends Mesa Single Rectifier out of the water power wise

thats every amp though. if it says 120watts that means thats how much it will push total(peak, same thing) hardly anyone would ever run there amps at full tilt(120watts) cause that ridiculous.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
oh god no. my 6262 is just as loud as my 5150 II and my Mesa Dual rect
i can put my lead volume on 4 and put my lead volumes on my 5150 II on 4 and they run at the same volume.

it will blow my friends Mesa Single Rectifier out of the water power wise

thats every amp though. if it says 120watts that means thats how much it will push total(peak, same thing) hardly anyone would ever run there amps at full tilt(120watts) cause that ridiculous.

i will cause im so br00t4l ya know
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
i will cause im so br00t4l ya know

hahaha..i don't think there is a gig in the world were you would need to push an 120 watt tube amp's volume to 10, unless you are playing to the heavens....hahah

i have pushed my Mesa and 5150 II to 7 once and hurt my ears and wouldn't stop ringing for a few days..hahaha
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge

i have pushed my Mesa and 5150 II to 7 once and hurt my ears and wouldn't stop ringing for a few days..hahaha

i have done the same thing with my B-52....and my god did it sound nice...
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by thespian948
i have done the same thing with my B-52....and my god did it sound nice...

and when i cranked the 5150 II to 7 i was pushing two 4x12 cabs...hahaha
but it did sound nice for a short bit, till my ears started vibrating..haha
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate