ok so a couple of days ago, my amp started to act "odd"
the volume swells and goes back down at times and it seems like the EQ doesnt work too well...

can anyone PLEASE help me?!

note- i just got this on tuesday but it was used

edit- i fixed the buzz, the cable used to connect the head to the cab was ****ty, used a better 1
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by seizetheday1103 at Jul 20, 2008,
The same happened to my amp a couple days ago. It was a Behringer and I've had it for a year and a half.
^Well theres your explanation, it's a Behringer.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
What kind of bass are you using, is it Active or Passive?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i have 2 passive p-up basses, a dean edge starter bass and a MIM fender p-bass w/ upgraded seymour duncans
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well, the volume isnt doing that anymore because the compession isnt working... before the compression would turn on and off when it was on making the volume act up. now the compression is doing nothing but the volume is steady.

WHAT THE ****!?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by fleajr_1412
^Well theres your explanation, it's a Behringer.

I know. I am ordering an Ashdown Electric Blue on Tuesday to replace it.
Quote by ThatGuy177
I know. I am ordering an Ashdown Electric Blue on Tuesday to replace it.

thats how you do it!!!!
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
i dont wanna b a dick but instead of commenting the guy w/ the beringher, can i please have help. im pretty frustrated about this as i spent almost all of my money on this
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Did you try the amp out before you bought it? If I was you I'd try to take the amp back and get something else.
by the sounds of things you have a similar problem to me, when i play a note it starts quitely and gets louder. It's kinda wierd
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by ThatGuy177
Did you try the amp out before you bought it? If I was you I'd try to take the amp back and get something else.

no i bought it used off of ebay and it was working fine for a few days, and then its been different.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I don't know a lot about ebay but you still should try to take it back or sell it for the same price you bought it for. Oh and sorry for stealing your thread.
no problem, as u can understand im a bit frustrated. what i could do is sell it on craigslist or sumthing and still make a profit b/c its a 500$ head and 250$ cab and i got it for 400 + shipping
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Couple things.

1) Stop double posting.
2) Don't worry about one replier talking to another replier. People are still going to post something to help you if they have something to say. ThatGuy177 was nice about it, but as you said, you were being a dick to him.

Ok, now that I've talked about spam, time to qualify this post as not spam.

First of all, what kind of amp is it? Information is always nice. Other than that, I would test different things out with controls and variables. For instance, use your head and somebody else's cab, then your cab with a different head, to figure out if it's the head or the cab that's causing the problem. You already got a different cable, that's a step in the right direction.

If you can't figure it out on your own, take it to a professional who can tell you something. It might be an easy fix.

The return option is also a good idea. eBay should help you out with that.

If all else fails, sure, you can resell it for profit (or minimal loss). But realize that you'll have to be responsible for selling faulty equipment.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Contact Hartke about it. I'm guessing your compressors just a bit dicky (maybe the pot for it is dirty so its not always making contact?). On my 2500 it's useless turning the compression up to full because it just makes a mess of my playing!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.