im about to swap out my invader for a new pup, it seems there isnt one thats f spaced so im taking it out and gonna put something new in. i play metal and i like to do a lot of instrumental music. i want it to be aggressive yet still maintain clarity.

my budgets 100$ and ive look at the dimarzio d sonic and there x2n along with gfs mega and crunchy rails. any other suggestions?
Quote by imboredletsrock
im about to swap out my invader for a new pup, it seems there isnt one thats f spaced so im taking it out and gonna put something new in. i play metal and i like to do a lot of instrumental music. i want it to be aggressive yet still maintain clarity.

my budgets 100$ and ive look at the dimarzio d sonic and there x2n along with gfs mega and crunchy rails. any other suggestions?

the invader's pole pieces are so big that it works for both regular and f-spaced.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
the invader's pole pieces are so big that it works for both regular and f-spaced.

This man speaks truth.

But the X2n is a great idea. Not only does the high output give you great aggressive tones, but it also makes it great for alternate wirings (coil split, series/parallel, and reverse phase).
ive heard that too but im also looking to change it because its not giveing the tone i want i forgot to post that sorry.
if i'm completely wrong on this just don't listen to me. i've never messed with the X2n. it has an amazingly high output and i'm sure will be great for rhythm but as far as picking clarity you might want to go a bit lighter. the d-sonic might be better but watch the output. you can always adjust the amount of distortion with a footswitch or your amp.

EDIT: just did some research. i was wrong about the d-sonic. i thought the output was higher than my super-d. personally for picking clarity go d-sonic.
Last edited by tikidrummer at Jul 20, 2008,
thanks^^ im thinking about it. i might try the gfs first because my neck pups is ther vintage 59 and its amazing. thanks all.