I need to get my SG re-fretted. How much does that cost? I definitely can't do it myself and was planning on going to guitar center or something like that.

edit: So I've had the guitar for only a few months now and this has happened since it's the only guitar I play. Should I get some cheaper guitar (maybe mexican strat?) to swap playing so the frets don't get worn down so much?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Last edited by SGmaniac1021 at Jul 20, 2008,
Why do you think your guitar needs to be refretted a few months after playing?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

buckethead is dead on about that, frets take many years to be worn down. many years. your problem lies elsewhere probably. Also, it is obscenely expensive to re-fret your guitar. Also, it's rediculous to re-fret your entire guitar, seeing as how if any of the frets were bad, it would be just a few.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by strat212
buckethead is dead on about that, frets take many years to be worn down. many years. your problem lies elsewhere probably. Also, it is obscenely expensive to re-fret your guitar. Also, it's rediculous to re-fret your entire guitar, seeing as how if any of the frets were bad, it would be just a few.

it will cost you FAR less to get a full refret than a partial refret at 90% of places, its alot harder to level 5 new frets to the whole fretboard, plus its just plain retarded. terrible idea/information. when i worked in the shop in georgia, our shop wouldnt even take partial refrets, we charged 150 for a full refret on an unbound 22 fret neck.
The asian made guitars have some pretty soft frets your using a gibson so they should be pretty good ones. Some people are just alot harder on frets than others. Most can play a guitar for years and never have a problem. Me I can waste the frets on a squire in a few weeks. So all my guitars have stainless frets. But I dont have to pay somebody to do the work for me. You can usually get the frets filed and leveled 2 times before they are to low and need replacement. If your one who is going to eat up standard nickel/steel frets. Then you will want to look into stainless replacements, as a new set of regular frets wont last any longer than the old ones. But many shops wont mess with stainless as its alot harder to work with and if they do expect to pay more. Very few if anybody will do stainless frets on a bound fretboard.
Hmmm. maybe I misunderstood him when the guy at guitar center was telling me about the frets....I'll find out
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
what is your guitar doing? cause when you need a refret its just obvious