to any one who uses mixcraft or anything like that on the pc
i need to know how to hook up my guitar to my comp
what kind of cables do i need and do i need a port or something

if someone could explain it and link the gear i need to do this thatd be sick
dont use mixcraft.. get a mixer board of some sort. im not exactly sure what kind, im just going off of what my guitarist does in my band. but hes got a mixer, that goes from USB to the computer, and thers inputs on the mixer that go to the out put on your amp. or you can just mic your amp with a decent mic and just do it the easy way.

edit: use sonar 7 or something decent instead of mixcraft.
You can often plug straight into the soundcard using a 1/8 inch jack, but for best results get a USB interface and plug into that
ohai little sig.
Quote by Brokntragedy
dont use mixcraft.. get a mixer board of some sort. im not exactly sure what kind, im just going off of what my guitarist does in my band. but hes got a mixer, that goes from USB to the computer, and thers inputs on the mixer that go to the out put on your amp. or you can just mic your amp with a decent mic and just do it the easy way.

edit: use sonar 7 or something decent instead of mixcraft.

ive heard mixcraft is pretty decent... like garage band for pc basically
but i still dont know what i need hardware wise

do i just plug my standard guitar cable into a port that has a usb cable on the other side that plugs in to the comp?
if its like that can someone link a port like that?
ive used mix craft before when i had PC and it just wasnt very good. but it depends on what kind of quality you want. if you just wanna record some demo type thing, i know target has a POS cable that will plug USB to 1/4. you could put that to your emulated out on ur amp if you have one. i doubt pluging straght from the guitar to the computer would sound very good at all?