I'm playing Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy and it all sounds perfect until i hit the 1919 bend on the G and B strings, it sounds absolutly HORRID. nothing like on the recording. can anyone give me advice on how to make it sound not so bad?
what kind of guitar do you have? people say that on double locking tremolos those kinds of bends that youre talking about dont sound good. i dont see the difference, but i dont do that much unison bending
try bending the lower note up to the higher one. its not quite the same but i like it...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
if you have a floating trem it's damn near impossible to get unison and compound bends to not sound horrible, if that's not an issue then just practice it, those are pretty tricky to pull off anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have a epi les paul 100, so the floating trem is not the problem.
hmm. im thinking the bends are just slightly out of tune, and thats whats makeing the problem. but its really hard bending the 19th frets up an entire pitch.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
if you have a floating trem it's damn near impossible to get unison and compound bends to not sound horrible, if that's not an issue then just practice it, those are pretty tricky to pull off anyway.

Erm, no it's not, they sound fine on my Jackson.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Erm, no it's not, they sound fine on my Jackson.

really, because usually unless you do it just right the tension change on the bridge will throw one of the strings off, you can do it, but it's not very easy, unless your trem has a really stiff action.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
really, because usually unless you do it just right the tension change on the bridge will throw one of the strings off, you can do it, but it's not very easy, unless your trem has a really stiff action.

My trem is really stiff now that you mention it, but the trem still moves on bends, but I still manage to bend in tune.
Quote by metulkult
I have a epi les paul 100, so the floating trem is not the problem.
hmm. im thinking the bends are just slightly out of tune, and thats whats makeing the problem. but its really hard bending the 19th frets up an entire pitch.

Well, it isn't hard bending the strings, just reaching it. That's the disadvantage of a Les Paul, but if you practice, you'll be able to reach it easily.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You don't bend the e string, and the B string has to go up a whole step IIRC. I can play the whole song if you have anymore questions.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

you can solve that by holding your palm firmly against the bridge while you bend. my strat has the tremolo set up to go both ways, and thats how i do it. still can't get it quite right, but it takes practice i guess

also, unison bends need to be very precise. If you bend slightly too little or too much it does sound bad.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
maybe ur tab is off
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Is your guitar properly intonated?

+1

Make sure your intonation is dead on and your tuning is dead on, otherwise it will be near impossible to nail it right.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H