so i watched the sixth sense for the first time earlier tonight on tv (yeah i know, way way behind the eightball). when the movie ended, i was incredibly disappointed with the conclusion (are you seriously telling me that bruce willis went weeks to months without knowing that he was dead???? are you telling me that he never once in that period had to go to a store/buy gas/etc and had to talk with a clerk???) but up to that point, it provided what 99% of horror movies dont provide....horror.

as terrible as the ending was, for most of the movie, i was tense, and even jumped at points. the sixth sense provided me with something that i had been looking for for a long time in horror movies, something that 30 days of night never came close to, and something that the ring showed glimpses of better never delivered. i am 20 years old and i have no shame in admitting that the sixth sense genuinely had me creeped out and on edge. and for some twisted reason, i absolutely love that.

after the movie ended, i was somewhat content. bruce willis was a pretty nice guy, and he was a ghost, so ghosts cant be all that bad.

then i decided to go down to my room to get some beers to sip on. my room is in the basement. surprisingly, in the paranoid state of mind i was in, walking down the stars into a pitch black basement didnt phase me in the least. ghosts could be nice people and rather helpful. whats to be scared of about that?

so i pull six beers out of my fridge (ah yes, the two hour six pack) and begin to walk up the stairs. as im on the last step, a beer falls out of my arms and starts slowly rolling down the stairs. all i could think about as it rolled down the first two steps is "OMGZ if that hits the concrete floor at the bottom, it might explode. there is no way in hell i want to deal with that shit right now.". i ran down the stairs after my renegade beer trying to catch it. there were prickles on the back of my neck and the hair on my arms was standing up.....

luckily the beer did not explode upon hitting the floor, just slightly dented. i picked it up, walked up the stairs and into my kitchen. pulling open the door of my fridge, i crouched down and began putting the beers in. without thinking, i said out loud to absolutely no one, "god, this shit is so cold"....

i took a beer and went and sat on my couch and starting watching some home improvement. all of a sudden, i realized my shin was slightly throbbing. wtf? looking down at my leg, i realized that when i dropped the beer on the stairs it had bounced off my shin. i was too pissed off that i dropped one to care. it is currently swollen, and there is a small cut....

m. night shyamalan, i applaud you. thank you for fulfilling my sick twisted enjoyment of feeling creepy and uncomfortable, even after the movie ends...

so my question to the pit is, what movies genuinely scarred you so i can put it on my list of things to watch.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I wonder how many will actually read all of that.
EDIT: The only movie to EVER scare me was the Ring. People make fun of me for it, but it was the only one.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
EDIT: The only movie to EVER scare me was the Ring. People make fun of me for it, but it was the only one.

i read it, i have no life

the sixth sense creeped me out too, but I usually hate horror movies, so that's the only one I've seen
Quote by samick007
i read it, i have no life

the sixth sense creeped me out too, but I usually hate horror movies, so that's the only one I've seen

Horror movies are my favorite.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Maybe it's because I'm now on my 3rd day of not sleeping but for some reason I read all of that.
Check out this Japanese movie called Pulse
I saw that and while it's fairly low-budget, it creeped me the **** out, but made me think a lot
ohai little sig.
i was in 8th grade and thought the ring was so horrible and NOT scary

and i'm a complete girly fag...

cannibal holocaust was pretty great though maybe because i'm into gore more than horror lol
Horror movies never scare me, simply because I'm aware that they're movies. If it was a play and the actors/theatre crew was really good at creating the illusion then that's another story.
Quote by TooFast

I thought i was the only one
it traumatized me cuz i was like 8 when it came out and i love watching the sixth sense, its a good horror movie to watch with a girl...

edit: i meant the movie "it" the sixth sense just made me think
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Last edited by jp58 at Jul 20, 2008,
The Excorcist. I was 11 when I watched it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Excorcist. I was 11 when I watched it.

Any 11-year-old will have the sh** scared out of them from that movie.
The ring is scary. Some crazy parts of The Shining too. and One Missed Call. It looks like a typical Japanese horror, and in many ways it is but there were some genuine scary moments in that movie, not jump-shock tricks, freaky-i want to hide-style scary bits.

on another note. I stayed at this girls house and her tv wasnt tuned into any channel. it was about 11am and I was just leaving and the tv said LEAVE in a womans voice. it wasn;t ghostly, just the tv picked up some reseption for a second. **** us up though
Not sure, The Sixth Sense for me was just a good movie that was thrilling. I wasn't like scared ****less or anything. The Ring gave me nightmares back in the day, haven't seen it since so I don't know if it'd still scare me... Most "scary" movies at least the popular ones that I see are pretty bad.
Quote by Cryptorchild
I thought i was the only one

God no man. I slept with the lights on after I saw it.
Quote by hammondrckr
the sixth sense isn't horror. none of shyamalan's movies are horror, just weird

I guess it's considered Mystery&Suspense which I put into the Horror genre.
Quote by GaijinFoot
The ring is scary. Some crazy parts of The Shining too. and One Missed Call. It looks like a typical Japanese horror, and in many ways it is but there were some genuine scary moments in that movie, not jump-shock tricks, freaky-i want to hide-style scary bits.

on another note. I stayed at this girls house and her tv wasnt tuned into any channel. it was about 11am and I was just leaving and the tv said LEAVE in a womans voice. it wasn;t ghostly, just the tv picked up some reseption for a second. **** us up though

The Shining creeped me out when I was younger.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by pwrmax
Any 11-year-old will have the sh** scared out of them from that movie.

I didn't sleep for 36 hours

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Watch Unbreakable, it's a lot like The Sixth Sense since it's by the same director and I think it's even better overall, also it's a really unique way to do a comic book movie(even though it's not based on a real comic book) since it has hardly any action and focuses on drama and key comic book themes instead, it's not nearly as scary as The Sixth Sense but it does have it's moments.
Quote by hammondrckr
the sixth sense isn't horror. none of shyamalan's movies are horror, just weird

horror movies never get me though. seeing someone getting his eyeballs poked out with needles isnt scary. it just makes you cringe for the shock factor. the weirdness in the sixth sense is what gets me. the psychological aspect of it, the creepy feeling that at any moment you could see a dead person walk out of your hallway into your living room...that scares me.

its all paranoia, but its not a good horror movie if it doesnt give it to you IMO.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
horror movies never get me though. seeing someone getting his eyeballs poked out with needles isnt scary. it just makes you cringe for the shock factor. the weirdness in the sixth sense is what gets me. the psychological aspect of it, the creepy feeling that at any moment you could see a dead person walk out of your hallway into your living room...that scares me.

its all paranoia, but its not a good horror movie if it doesnt give it to you IMO.

Very good point. Although my favorite horror movie is Halloween, I much prefer psychological horror movies.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

The movie Mars Attack scared me and still does.

I was very young when I saw it and it creeped me out, still does, I can't watch it without being disturbed.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Zero-Hartman

When I watched it with my little brother and his friend a few years back, his friend started crying
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by MattAnderson111
Stephen kings "It" Or Wes Cravens Ghosts On Mars.

"Everybody floats down heeeeere..."
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
that wes craven movie (called like 'them' or some short name like that) about the aliens from another dimension that plant black thorns in kids when they're young and then come get them when they're older to eat them or whatever was one of the few movies to truly scare me.
Quote by moulpatr

I saw that when I was pretty young and the clown didn't scare me, but when I saw it when I was a little older, it stuck in my head. Now when I take a shower I occasionally look at the drain in a weird way.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Yeah me neither. I was always afraid my bed would start shaking out of nowhere...and now that paranoia is coming back, dammit!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
Yeah me neither. I was always afraid my bed would start shaking out of nowhere...and now that paranoia is coming back, dammit!

I love creepy threads

Where is Chris Parker when you need him!?
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by TooFast
When I watched it with my little brother and his friend a few years back, his friend started crying

I shouldn't have laughed

Oh yea, when I saw Candyman I always tried to avoid mirrors. And after Psycho my personal hygiene took a dramtic drop too.

dit: Soul Power, me and my mates did that to my friend who was sleeping in the bed at 5 in the morning we all slid under the mattress and kicked it, we were so goddamn evil

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by moulpatr

it scared the sh-t outta me.

read the book its 10000x scarier.

also,i loved 6th sense, i thought it had a great ending. i love all of m night shamalamadingdongs movies. even the village was pretty ok
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Chuckie made me fear dolls for awhile. The Cryptkeaper scared me, too.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by DillusionSystem
one missed call.

i never want my cell phone

I'm sorry but that movie was terrible, and not scary at all

I regret spending money on that.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile